Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Bird in the window


I'm so excited to share this card with you today. I fell in love with this Bird in a Circle image (Hero Arts), the first time I laid eyes on it. You can find this image, along with many other stamps, papers, embellishments and stamping tools at Stamper's Dream. A one stop shop in my opinion!!

This card might look pretty involved, but the image really does all the work. I stamped it twice with Memento Tuxedo Black; once directly onto So Sophie dp by My Mind's Eye, and another onto One Sheet Wonder Couture cardstock. The scripted bg is part of the stamped image.


I then colored the image with copics and cut out the window portion so that you could see through to the inside of the card where I added some sponged clouds and a birthday sentiment.

To get those fabulously distressed edges, I used the Zutter Distrezz it all tool, and ink distressed the edges with Bundled Sage Ranger Distress Ink.

The flourish (Sizzix diecute) is covered with Ultrafine Transparent glitter that I applied with a Quickie Glue Pen, the pebble is from Prima, the ribbon is SU!, the rhinestones are Kaisercraft, and the border was made with an EK Success punch.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you've been having a fantastic weekend and that your week ahead is even more wonderful!!

Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

26 comments:

Gabriela said...

Oh I am sure loving your sahbby chic look - you wear it well and it suits you to a T. Your card is absolutely marvelous. It makes me so happy to gaze at it.

Unknown said...

I love, love, LOVE this, Tosh! Gorgeous colors with that fabulous stamp, and there are so many awesome details to feast upon! Fabulous job, my friend!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Oh so lovely, soft and feminine! Beautiful elements and artistic details on this Tosh!

Basement Stamper said...

Absolutely stunning card-beautiful!

Chris said...

Fabulous card...so many super details and your cutting was perfect (both in looks and effect!)

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

OMG...I just got that stamp & love it...event though I havent even inked it yet! Your card is SO GORGOUS! How in the world did you do all that cut out work-so intricate-around his tiny little legs? Beautiful...just beautiful!

Unknown said...

beautifully done, tosh! love those colors, and that window is stunning! your attention to detail is flawless!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful in every detail, I like this so much.

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word, Tosh! My jaw dropped! I love the colors and the sense of so much depth to this card! Wow! Just gorgeous! Beautifully done!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh so BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh how completely LOVELY Tosh! Such gorgeous soft colors, I love the sky in the window and that great page pebble!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Gorgeous artwork!

Melody said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors and layout!

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh this card is so pretty! I love the colors and the image used.

Rebecca Ednie said...

I ADORE this card! I love, love, love shabby chic and this is a perfect example! So many sweet details but it doesn't seem over done at all! I rarely leave comments anymore otherwise my blurfing time takes over my life but I took one look at this card in my email and clicked right through. I am seriously going to case this soon; even though I don't have this stamp, I'm sure I can rustle up a circular frame and I know I have a similar bird and flower! Thanks for sharing!

Conniecrafter said...

I can see why you are so excited about this stamp, I hadn't seen it yet and I love it, especially what you have done with it, Just Gorgeous, love your stitchging and the shimmer on the flourish, lovely card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Tosh, I'm a big fan of your artwork, but this is one of my all-time faves! Absolutely jaw-dropping gorgeous! Going to check out this image...you've sold it! :-)

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwwww, girl, wit whewww! Every detail is totally gorgeous!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous, Tosh!!!!! I just love the shabby look with the distressing and look how you cutout that circle...total perfection, gf!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Tosh!! Love the shabby chic feel and the stunning choice of colors and design!! I can see why you love the bird...you sure rocked it!
hugs,
Chris

Nikki Schmaltz said...

WOWZERS! This is an amazing creation! It is just so beautifully soothing. Glad to see you could come out of the kitchen and get away from cooking to craft a bit. I hope you are enjoying your son being home.

Nina I. said...

I love this card!!!! The colors are stunning;-)

Hugs, Nina

Sarah said...

Oh my - this is just outstanding! Love everything about it.....

Joanne (jojot) said...

you have such a flair for gorgeousness.....I am in awe

Ida said...

Absolutely breathing. Soft, delicate and just beautiful.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen! Incredible balance and stunning design. A card class in perfection! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs