Sunday, May 9, 2010

Know How Much I Love You!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Now typically I would show a card made for a mother. But, I decided to make this card for my daughter because I wouldn't be a mother if it weren't for my two very special kids. Since my son is away at college, I sent him a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory to help him through exams. Cheesecake is a powerful study tool. *grin* And since my daughter isn't into sweets, I thought I'd make a special card for her.

I used one of Verve's newest sets called One Person. I LOVE the flowers and fabulous sentiments in this set. And ever since I saw Tim Holtz's new dies at CHA, I've been itching to use the Hanging Sign.

I stamped the flower images and sentiment with Versamark, and embossed them with Detail Black ep. I used a Martha Stewart leaf punch for the smaller leaves and drew in the veins with a copic to make them similar to the leaves from the Verve image. And then, I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the flower centers to bling them up a bit.

The edges were ink distressed with Pumice Stone Ranger Distress Ink, the pearls are Kaisercraft, the scalloped border was made with an EK Success Punch, and the paper is by Melissa Frances.

That about sums it all up!!
I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with treasured memories!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

Stamps: One Person
Paper: True (Mellisa Frances), PTI
Ink: Versamark, Pumice Stone (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Tombows, Hanging Sign (Tim Holtz), Long Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Detail Black ep, Pearls (Kaisercraft), Frosted Lace Stickles, Natural Burlap String (May Arts), Scalloped Border Punch (EK Success), Leaf Punch (Martha Stewart), Copic, Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

19 comments:

Yvonne Hagane said...

This is just gorgeous, Tosh!! I love how you used the hanging sign die!! The flowers are so beautifully colored too. Always a pleasure to visit your blog!!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, what a sweet thing to do...make a card for your daughter on mother's day.....and what a card it is! Absolutely G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! Love the soft colors and all the dimension on the flowers. You so rock!

Happy Mother's Day, Tosh!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful card Tosh and I love that sentiment! Perfectly coloured and gorgeous background.

Anonymous said...

WOW!

This card is just "outstanding!" Love the colors, stitching, and I'm a BIG fan of flowers!

Ordered that Tim Holtz die, NOW I can't wait to get it! ... wasn't sure how I'd use it, this helps a lot!

Jackie Pedro said...

There I go.....gasping again....! This is so beautiful, Tosh!! Happy Mother's Day!!

Melissa Sauls said...

This is just beautiful Tosh! Love how you used that Tim Holtz die too. :)

Julia Aston said...

How sweet to make a card for you daughter! I love the colors on your flowers and that fun hanger - and what a wonderful sentiment Tosh! (I'm sure your son LOVED the cheese cake too!!)

samara said...

Tosh, I love the cheesecake idea! My friend used to rub the text books on her kids heads!!!! Cheesecake is MUCH better! Wow, your card needs to be insured at the price and work you put into it. It is absolutely an outrageously gorgeous! Oh dear, here I go changing my desktop background AGAIN! xox

SAMARA said...

...and...where did you get the Tim Holtz hanger? Do you order by mail?

Whimsey said...

Beautiful card;I know she will treasure it forever! Love the colors!

Um...that cheesecake? OH MY - SCRUMPTIOUS!!! Bet he aces his finals! :D

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors. I bet your daughter loved it. TFS

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Tosh! Love this sweet card, the leaves you added to the flowers, and the hanging sign is awesome!!!

Rose Ann said...

How wonderful for you to make this for your daughter, Tosh!! It is absolutely gorgeous, and I love your beautiful flowers!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a wonderfully personal expression of love for your daughter...she will cherish the thought behind the card as well as the beauty of the creation

Conniecrafter said...

I too love this hanging sign, great job on the leaves!

Silke Ledlow said...

Aren't you the sweetest mommy ever :)!!! Love love love the card you made for your daughter!!! Gorgeous in everyway Tosh!!!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day too!?! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Tosh! The colors are perfect. Thanks for sharing this with us. I like the hanger - have not seen one of them before on a card. Your blog is marvelous!

Joan
MN

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning Tosh, your card is so beautiful.

Anke

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I can't believe I never commented on this! Love, love, love this fabulous little number! I simply adore the contrast of the beautifully colored blues with all the tans. And you made that Tim Holtz die I totally passed over look absolutely irresistable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs