Thursday, May 6, 2010

JustRite Week at Stamper's Dream and a CCEE Challenge

It's JustRite week at Stamper's Dream again this week, and boy have the gals been cranking out some fantastic projects. In case you haven't seen them yet, or just want to check them out again, here's the schedule for the week:

Monday: Leslie, Cammie, Michelle
Tuesday: Denise, Amy, Cindy, Laurie, Michelle
Wednesday: Dawn, Cindy, Denise, Michelle
Thursday: Leslie, Laurie, Dawn, Me
Friday: Amy, Michelle, Me

eta: Sorry this is late, I had a problem with the postdating. Actually, I was the problem. I scheduled it for the 7th instead of today. YIKES!

For my first project today, I made a medallion with one of the circles from the Kaleidoscope set. The image and sentiment were stamped with Versamark onto vellum and embossed with Gold dp.

Here's a close up of the pendant:



I cut two Lotus Pendants (Spellbinders) out of vellum also and just layered them. I thought it made a great tag for this simple gift bag that I decorated with crocheted lace and Zva Creative Rhinestones at the top, and the Iron gate (Martha Stewart) border punch at the bottom. The dp is by g.c.d. studios, and the Satin Ribbon is May Arts.

Now, since it's Thursday, it's time for another CCEE Stamper's Challenge. This month Frances (StampOwl) is supplying the challenges for us. And since she's about to become a Grandma for the first time, this month will focus on mother's and babies. How fun is that!?!?!



Today, we were to make a Mother's Day card. My MIL is Dutch and loves Delft. So, when I saw the new Applique images by JustRite, I thought they would be great for making Delft tiles, which in turn would make a great Mother's Day card for her. I stamped the image with Mediterranean Blue Brilliance ink, diecut them with my Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders), and gave them a thin coating of Glossy Accents to give them a tile look. The frame was made with the Layered Arches punch set, and the butterfly was punched out of vellum with a Martha Stewart punch. The border was made with the Quilted Edge punch.

Here's a close up of the tile and butterfly:


I scored the stripes in the bg with my Scor-Pal, and the dots were made with the Swiss Dot Folder by Cuttlebug. Again, all the Rhinestones are Zva Creative.

Now, we'd love to have you join us in our CCEE Stamper's Challenge this week and make a Mother's Day card. Just link it with Mr. Linky at the bottom of today's post found HERE, on the CCEE Stamper's Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

19 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

beautiful cards, I love the tile look on your 2nd one.

Unknown said...

Both of these are gorgeous, Tosha! LOVE the Kaleidoscope medallion on those Lotus pendants. And your Mother's Day card is simply beautiful! The way you use those Martha Stewart punches is awesome!!!

Tina said...

Both are absolutely beautiful! Your blog is so inspiring :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Tosh! The gift bag is a great use of this set. Love the double Lotus on that one! And Delft!! How wonderful!! Super idea and sooooooo beautiful!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh your work is OUTSTANDING!!!

Gabriela said...

Goodness, you just blew me away with these stunning projects. You are amazing with those punches and dies. Delft! of all things! WOW! You done good, girl.

Melisa Waldorf said...

GORGEOUS gift bag and card!! Wow!!

Kelly said...

I love the mothers day card!! love the blue and white and it certainly reminds me of delft ware. makes me remember my trip to holland MANY years ago!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous cards Tosh! Love all of the details and textures you put into these very elegant creations!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Tosh....that gift bag medallion is just gorgeous.....simple yet so very much dramatic.....and your card is also GORGEOUS...love the colors....so fresh and delightful

TAS said...

The gold embossed and Delft Applique stamps are absolutely stunning! Just so gorgeous. Use of the Lotus Pendant Spellbinders die and your other decorative punches really sets them off perfectly.

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous card and bag! I LOVE how you used those medallions....classy and elegant!

Anonymous said...

Love those lacey borders and the white embossed cardstock. Very beautiful elegant looking.

Shirley

Stef Perry said...

I just love both the tag on the bag (well, actually everything that decorated the bag!!) with the gold embossing and the vellum die cuts underneath, and your card - well that was simply drop dead gorgeous!! Your MIL is so very fortunate to have a sweet DIL to make a card as beautiful as this. You are such an inspiration!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wow, Tosh, these are fabulous! Your gift bag is rich and elegant...and that actually looks like Delft tile on your card! Soooo pretty!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Ooooo! All of your designs are so beautiful, Tosh! I love the delft tile on your Mother's Day card, and I'm sure your MIL will, too!

Conniecrafter said...

Both are so cool, but I will have to say I love the blue and white!

Oma said...

I'm dutch and I love the blue delft card you made! I'm sure your MIL will love it too! I love all things Dutch and wish there were more Dutch themed stamps and papers. I especially love tulips.

Rose Ann said...

Your gift bag is soooo beautiful, and I love your gorgeous medallion!! Your card looks stunning as well!! I love the pop of blues, and perfect touches with your bling!! Pure gorgeousness, Tosh!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs