Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Birthday Old Bean

Hello friends!  Happy 4th of July!!  I hope you all have a safe holiday today.  I'm so grateful for all the freedoms I get to appreciate here in America, and for the soldiers who fight to keep it that way. 

I don't have a patriotic card to share today, and am sorry.  I needed a masculine card.  I love the sentiment "Happy Birthday Old Bean" from the new Waltzingmouse set Coffee Time.  And it has the cutest little bean grinder and beans.  So I inked up the grinder with Celestial Copper Delicata ink (Tsukineko), and embossed it with Aged Copper Embossing Enamel (Stampendous) and Copper ep (Ranger).  The Embossing Enamel is very thick and doesn't work well with detailed images but I wanted the patina it left, so after tapping off the excess, I poured some Copper detailed embossing powder over it and it filled in all the empty spaces.  WMS has a Coffee Time diecut set too which was great for diecutting the little grinder.  It lines up so beautifully!  

The sentiment was also embossed with the Copper ep.  I then stamped two sizes of the beans and cut them out.  They were Rock-n-Rolled with Jumbo Java (VersaMagic) and Espresso Truffle (Memento).

That sums up my card for today.  But I want to take a moment to let you know that Waltzingmouse Stamps is having a HUGE SALE (50% to 75% off) and is retiring quite a few sets.  It'd be a great idea to check it out HERE.

  Happy Stamping!
_________________________________________________________________

StampsCoffee Time (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  Antique Bazaar (Kaisercraft), Vintage Cream (PTI), Gold (Paper Source)
Ink:  Celestial Copper (Delicata), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress), Jumbo Java (VersaMagic), Espresso Truffle (Memento)
DiesCoffee Time die (Waltzingmouse), Cogs and Standard Circles (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Aged Copper Embossing Powder (Stampendous) and Copper Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder (Ranger) 

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific masculine card, love the patina look of it!

Pet73 said...

Fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs