Thursday, July 30, 2015

Power Poppy ~ Well Played

 
http://powerpoppy.com/products/well-played/
Welcome back friends!!  I am so excited to share a fabulously fun new Power Poppy set with you today, called Well Played, and it has the most adorably "hip" images with coordinating sentiments.  My daughter lamented that she's never seen a "record" irl (in real life), after I told her I made today's card to look like a record.  I was ashamed of myself.  I actually have a couple and never shared them with her.  And I was a DJ for 3 years at the local Christian Radio station while in college.  In fact, that was the career path I was on before I got engaged to a Dairy Farmer.  No time for radio stations after that.  I had to help with the business.   
Now isn't this vintage record player just the cutest?!?!?!   And the sentiments are just super fun!!

To make the record, I just layered a bunch of circle dies (Standard and Grand - Spellbinders), and embossed them after cutting out the largest one.  Easy-peasy!  I love the effect.  Okay...I went a little crazy with the sequins, but seriously...we're talking the 70's here.  ;)
That's it y'all!!  Now be sure and check out what the following Bloom Brigaders have to share today.  They're always quite the inspiration!!
Copics:  BG07, BG05, BG02, BG00, R29, R24, R22, YR07, YR04, YR02, Y17, Y08, Y06, Y02, G19, G14, G12, E29, E37, E34, E31, C8, C5, C3, C1

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you'll stop again tomorrow for another Power Poppy Peek.

   Happy Stamping!

_______________________________________________________________

StampsWell Played (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Black and White (PTI), Turquoise (Bazzill)
Dies: Standard and Grand Circles (Spellbinders), Say What? (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Accessories:  Copics, Sequins 

12 comments:

Shelly said...

This is so fun and awesome!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Super clever and fun!!! LOVE the record idea and will have to borrow that!!! You ROCK!!! HUGS!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

You are THE smartest girl! I totally love what you’ve done with this set! Completely creative and memorable! I love hearing that you were headed to be a DJ! You’d be so fun to listen to on the radio :)

Kathy Jones said...

Did you hear that crash?? That was me hitting the ground! Good Heavens Tosh, this is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! What a fantastic idea, love the 'record', the thought bubbles and all the bling! Out of this World Tosh!!!!

Barb said...

You get a standing ovation from me for this one! Oh my word! It's over the top awesome! I love everything about it. A handmade record? Shut.Up! Wow! I never would have thought of that.

Leslie Miller said...

You rock so hard, Tosh! Awesome, brilliant, and fantastic! DJ, huh? Like I said -- you rock!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Boy do I remember those days, playing my Donny Osmond records! Girl you rock, this is so nostalgic and what a fabulous idea with those dies, you're totally amazing, I love this card! Bandstand!!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, what an amazing and clever idea to make the "record" for your card shape! Amazing and such fun! Wow, didn't know you were a DJ! I volunteered at our local Christian radio station for 13 years, so what fun! I love every detail, and I know this will be a card someone extra special is going to LOVE and cherish! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool design on that record, so clever. Isn't it funny how our lives go in different directions.

Nora Noll said...

This is BRILLIANT!! I love the clever design. SO FUN!!

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK!!! Oh I love this.. Totally FUN and super cool looking with the record design. Just so stinkin FUN!

Katie Sims said...

I love this....you know I do! I loved it so much I had to CASE your idea for one of my cards! :) You are such an inspiration Tosh....and I loved reading about your DJ days.....I can totally see that! :) Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs