Sunday, March 16, 2008

Vellum Challenged!!!


Hey Ya'll!! I know...it's been forever since I've posted. So sorry! It's been crazy trying to get all my Design Team projects done for Splitcoast. But now that that's done, it's time for Monday's challenge that I do with a small group of SCS friends. This week we were to use vellum. Now I'm extremely vellum challenged. Extremely!!! So this was very hard for me. And ya wanna know the craziest part of this challenge? I'm the one who came up with it!! Yeah!! I know....I have a few loose!! I needed the push to get past my phobia!! Sorry for the dark photo. I took this at night and had a hard time even editing it. *groan* I'm exhausted and am ready to go to bed, so this is it!

The vellum is covering the back panel of dp and I stamped the sentiment with black stazon onto a narrow strip of vellum. The flower was inked up with Going gray and edged and thumped with a black marker. I spritzed it about two times and stamped it on SU shimmering white. That's about the gist of it. The Heartfelt sentiment stamp can be found at Stamper's Dream. The set has a variety of sentiments for just about any occassion, and the fonts are sooo fun. It even has some flowers, hearts, a butterfly and leaves!! I LOVE this set!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black Brush Hydrangea, Hero Arts Clear Design Heartfelt Messages
Paper - Crate Paper: Crate Avenue Collection, River Rock, Shimmering White, Black
Ink - Going Gray, Black, Black Stazon
Accessories - Vellum, American Craft Elements brads, Making Memories ribbon, dimensional tape

2 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

How incredibly beautiful!! You don't look vellum challenged to me! Loved your DD gallery things, btw - I am on vacation and haven't gotten to look at all of them yet, but I am getting there! Great job this month!

huntla1 said...

This is very pretty. I am not sure I understand what you did with the marker, but it had an awesome effect! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs