Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spritzed Cone.....A Ways to use it Challenge


I was sooooo excited when I saw the ways to use it challenge on Splitcoaststampers today!! Julia is encouraging everyone to just *spray it* since April is fast approaching!! Well, I LOVE spritzing my stamps with water after coloring and thumping.

Here's what I did for this card....First I inked up my Paper Inspirations Brushed cone flower stamp. I don't think they're normally red, but I was in a *red* mood today. I'm really happy with the colors!! Actually irl the cone is a much richer chocolate and the reds are deeper, but I'm not a pro at photography!! Anyway, back to the details. I inked up the whole image in Cranberry Crisp, and colored over the cone with my Choc. Chip SU marker, and the leaves with my SU Always Artichoke.

The thumping I referred to is just randomly dropping the marker in strategic places on the image. I usually drop it in the middle a couple of times, and around a few edges. It gives the image more depth. (I used my SU Choc. Chip marker this time) I then spritzed the image three times with a fine mist spray bottle (it's very important to use a fine mist spray, otherwise the colors will bleed into each other too much and you'll get mud. Believe me....this was my second attempt with this image. My spray bottle decided to have an attitude the first time I tried!! My first resulted in mud!! LOL) and stamped it on watercolor paper. I also Ink distressed the edges of each layer a tad with Ranger Walnut Distress Ink.

The butterfly image is a Hero Arts stamp from their clear design Thinking of you set, as is the sentiment. I colored it with copics and it's stamens are just the edging of black SU grossgrain ribbon. I liked the richness of the SU choc. chip wide satin ribbon as the backdrop for the Rusty Pickle Twine ribbon!! I loved the contrast of the two. That's why I added the Robin's Nest Pebbles too. Elegant with rustic!! The papers are Memory Box Flirt!! LOVE them...I have them all!! The Frame is from a Memory Boutique Hardware Kit.

If you haven't checked out Michelle's new store home....you need to!! It's gorgeous!!! Organized!! and best of all........it has TONS of GOODIES!! Just click on the pretty Stamper's Dream button on the right!

Supplies:
Stamps - Paper Inspirations Brushed Coneflower, Hero Arts Thinking of you messages
Paper - SU Choc. Chip, Creamy Caramel, Memory Box Flirt, Watercolor
Ink - SU Choc. Chip, Cranberry Crisp, Always Artichoke, Ranger Walnut Distress Ink
Accessories - Nestabilities petite ovals, SU satin ribbon, Rusty Pickle ribbon, Robin's Nest Pebbles, brads, fine mist spray bottle, scotch dimensional tape

10 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful card - and such great descriptions!!

Silli said...

wonderful I love the colors and the flower... Very pretty!!!!! TFS

Unknown said...

Thud! That was me.....falling down over this GORGEOUS card! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you did with those stamps! Your color selection, and every tiny detail is absolutely perfect!

Fabulous job, my friend!

Linda Carson said...

GORGEOUS!

Juliana said...

I just LOVE these colors!!
Though I am starving for spring--I am a fall girl at heart!

BEAUTIFUL CARD!

Suz said...

i LOVE this card! It is g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!!!

Every single thing about this card is perfectly gorgeous...AWESOME work.

Hugs,
Suz

Just Me said...

I really like the colors and layout of the card.
BTW... I made some cards with the blog candy you sent... if you pop over to my blog you can see some of them... I finally got brave enough to post them (I made them with in a few days after I got the package)

Bellawhoop said...

This is just beautiful. I love the chocolate and red!

Anonymous said...

**GASP** I'm SPEECHLESS!!! This just takes the cake, Tosh!!!! Those colors....droooooollll....and...well the whole entire card! A piece of art, I tell you!!! So...why is it that you don't use red more often??? THIS ROCKS!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs