Thursday, July 28, 2011

Viva la Verve August Week 1


Hello my stamping friends!! Are you ready for the weekend? I know I am. Today, though, I have a card, to share with you, that I made using Amber's sketch for the first Viva la Verve sketch for August. I used a sentiment from, the recently released Verve set, Words Cannot Express.

I stamped the sentiment with Vintage Sepia Versafine onto Fine Linen cs by Papertrey Ink, and diecut it with the Spellbinders' Tags 5 die. I then ink distressed the inside, while it was still in the die, with Pumice Stone Ranger Distress Ink.

I ink distressed the Kaisercraft wood heart with Pumice Stone ink as well, and added a trio of Kaisercraft rhinesones to the corner. The rhinestone studded tulle is from Prima, the seam binding ribbon is from MemrieMare, the Icy White Metallic String is from Pizzaz a Plenty, and the button is from PTI. Lastly, the paper is Conservatory by 7 gypsies.



That's it for today's card. I have many more to share with you next week, since it's SOAP week for Waltzingmouse, and there are Dare To Get Dirty challenges over on Splitcoast Stampers. (That's why I've been MIA for the last week...I've had a lot to get done for the first week of August.)

Be sure to stop by the Verve Forum to see the samples the other Divas have made, and to learn more about the Viva la Verve challenges.

Have a super weekend!!
Happy Stamping!!

post signature



________________________________________________________________


Supplies:
Stamps: Words Cannot Express (Verve)
Paper: Fine Linen and Ripe Avocado (PTI), Conservatory (7 Gypsies)
Ink: Vintage Sepia (Versafine), Pumice Stone (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories: Ribbon (Prima, MemrieMare, and Pizzaz a Plenty), Button (PTI), Heart and Rhinestones(Kaisercraft), 5 Tags die (Spellbinders), Sewing Machine

13 comments:

Bernie said...

Wow this is stunning! So elegant! Great colors!
Blessings Bernie

Stamp like you mean it said...

Oh...my....word! Tosha, you know I love every piece of paper you touch (or even look at!) But this is my all-time FAV! Your work is stunning. This could not be more beautiful! You ROCK Sistah! Hugs.....lymi

Heather Rogers said...

Such a shabby chic beauty. Love the heart and pretty tulle details. Verve has wonderful sentiment sets. I think I need to invest in some. I don't own any Verve sets yet. :)

Luanne said...

Oh, so soft and pretty! Love it!

Gabriela said...

Stunning Tosh! Absolutely breath taking. You amaze me every time. You really nailed this card and it just sings to my heart.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is gorgeous, Tosha. I love what you have done with the tulle. I'm going to try that...I have lots of tulle lying around. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very warm and dreamy.....gorgeous work, my friend

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!!! Love that heart and the papers are fabulous!!!

Pet73 said...

Wow, this is amazing! Very beautiful and classy!

scrappingnana said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous. Love the heart.TFS

Deborah Frings said...

This is just so beautiful, full of shabby goodness!! I love the ruffle ribbon with the gems, the wood heart is just stunning and super sentiment too!

jennifer mitten said...

What a gorgeous card! Especially love that ribbon...

Scrapacat said...

I love all the neat things you have going on in this card. What a treasure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs