Thursday, August 5, 2010

Amazing Grace

You know what's really sad? When you struggle with the very sketch you designed. *sniff* It's Thursday, and time for another CCEE Challenge. Now, I'm in charge of the challenges this month over at the CCEE Stamper's Blog, and decided to create sketches that all have some sort of panel arrangement on them. Boy was the first one a DOOZY!! I couldn't make the side panel work. *sigh* Oh well, let me show you what I finally came up with.

First of all, here's the sketch:



Here's my take on the sketch:

I used Verve's Plain Jane Sentiment Amazing Grace for my main panel, and all the edges are ink distressed with Broken China Ranger Distress Ink. It's hard to see, but I sewed down the leaf stems. If you click on the card, you can see it better.

I'm sorry the rhinestone looks black. It really matches the purple perfectly in person. In fact, I'd like to share with you really quickly where I got this sweet rhinestone and how it's attached.
There's a new fun tool called an I-Rock tool. It's used to heat I-Rock Hot Rocks Rhinestones that have adhesive on the back. Way fun to use. I got mine at Elclectic Paperie, HERE. The store is filled with amazing goodies, and Daisy is just the sweetest evah!!!

Now, We'd love to have you join us with out sketch challenges. Just head on over to the CCEE Stamper's blog for all the details. I can't wait to see what ya'll come up with. Hopefully you don't struggle as much as I did. LOL

Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Stamps: Amazing Grace (Verve)
Paper: Bo Bunny, PTI
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine), Broken China (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Long Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Border Punch (EK Success), Rhinestone (I-Rock Hot Rocks), Sewing Machine

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

awesome card Tosh

Joanne (jojot) said...

well, Tosh....you did fabbo with your sketch...great vertical border, lovely dp, CAS loveliness

Cindy Haffner said...

Looks FAB Tosh, thanks for the great sketch.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I love that pretty paper and how you did the side panel. Great colors, too, Tosh. Very pretty! I thought the sketch was a lot of fun!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and the colors are stunning

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous, I love that dp. Such pretty colors.

Julia Aston said...

What a great sketch Tosh! love the greens on this - so bright and fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs