Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sunset Stroll

I've never made a kick stand card before...Hmmm, the jury is still out on what I feel about them too. SCS's sketch challenge today was to make one of these. I started out by creating my background. I used the Ranger ink blending tool and Adirondack inks: Pesto, Butterscotch, Cranberry, and wild plum. I started with the lightest and gradually added the others in a circular motion. I masked the panda and bamboo tree first, so as not to get the ink on them. I later touched them a bit with the pesto to soften the white. The images are stamped with Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink and embossed with Black embossing powder. That's what's so cool about the Distress Inks...they stay wet just long enough to emboss. I did the same with the grungeboard hinge. And because it's already textured, the ink didn't get in the grooves, giving it an aged distressed look.
The lattice is a cuttlebug diecut. To attach that, I first put red tape on black cardstock, then ran it through the cuttlebug. Then you have the stickiness just where you need it. The circles were cut with nestabilities. Most of the supplies and stamp images can be found at Rubbernecker Stamp Company
Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: Black, SU Glossy
Ink: Adirondack: Pesto, Butterscotch, Cranberry, Wild Plum
Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink
Accessories: Grungeboard hinge, ranger ink blending tool, brads, black ep, nestabilities, cuttlebug, red tape, dimensional tape

2 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I saw your card on SCS and just had to come over. This is an outstanding card. Looking through your cards, you really do unique work. You're good.

Anonymous said...

Good Grief, Tosh!! This is exquisite!!!! Just like my Dh said as he peeked over my shoulder, "that girl can stamp"! LOL!!! Seriously, you took this one to the "next level"!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs