Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Asian Themed Thank You


I made this card according to the sketch that you can find on Splitcoaststampers.
Rox does such an amazing job providing awesome sketches every Wednesday. If you haven't checked them out, you really should.

You're going to be seeing quite a bit of Asian cards, and whimsical bugs from me this month. Along with a variety of techniques. I'm sorry for the poor photo of this card. My lights are going out, and my Ott wasn't even enough to show the true color of the bg. It's really a soft bluish lavender. And it's not DP either. Let me explain.

I took Whisper white Cardstock and rubbed Tim Holtz's Milled Lavender Distress ink directly onto the paper. I then took a make-up sponge and ramdomly rubbed Weathered Wood over it. After that, I used one of Tim's techniques to spot it up. I sprayed water onto my hand and sprinkled it over the paper until I got the look I wanted, and then dried it with the heat tool. I stamped the image with Weathered wood, then colored the flowers, leaves, and branches with some light copics, dotted the middle of the flowers with my White Souffle pen, and woila.....a handmade DP!

The main image was done in a similar way. I just used a make-up sponge to rub Tim Holtz's Weathered wood and Broken China onto Whisper White CS, stamped the image with Black soot, and colored the birds and leaves with light copics. The moon is colored with a White Sakura Souffle Pen. Now in the photo below, you will see that the image is a lot longer than the one on my card. I just took a black marker, ran it across the top third of the image and cut it there to make it the size I wanted it to be.

That's it. Very, very simple, and it makes for a very soft, delicate bg.
The stamps and inks can be found at The Rubbernecker Stamp Company.
Here's a photo of the supplies I used.


Recipe:
Stamps - Rubbernecker
Paper - Whisper White, Blush Blossom, Buckaroo Blue - SU
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Weathered Wood, Broken China, Antique Linen, Milled Lavender, Black Soot
Accessories - The Robin's Nest Pebbles, American elements ribbon, sponge, Sakura White Souffle Pen, copics, Dimensional tape.

3 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

This looks awesome -- great design for the sketch and the background turned out really neat. TFS how to do that!!

Anonymous said...

I have never really been a fan of "Asian" cards...but I LOVE this one! I just love your style...and your amazing eye for details! Very, very beautiful Tosh!

Kittie said...

WooHoo!! I hadn't realized you got your blog up and going. It takes a bit of work to figure it out doesn't it? It took me quite a while to figure out what I was doing and am still limping along trying to figure out to apply catagories. Congratulations, Tosh! A little birdie told me I'm going to get to meet you next month. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs