Thursday, July 17, 2008

The same yet different...

I've made two cards for you today. Both have the same, very simple layouts. Both use the same amount of layers. And both use very similar images. Yet, both have a totally different feel.

I don't usually use simple layouts. I struggle with that concept. So if I do, I almost always *amp* them up a bit with layers. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE simple layouts when others use them. I seriously covet that gift. They just never seem to look right when I make them. I even struggled with my second card here. It feels like it's missing something. But, I forced myself to STOP!!

So, onto the cards....
Both cards were made with my new JustRite Monogram stampers kit. I'm having a blast with it. It's so easy to use and the possibilties are endless. I also know that they're coming out with a slew of new designs that they are debuting at CHA. Yee-Ha!! I've made another card with a different set and technique that I'll show you on Monday. What fun.

Oops...back to these cards. They're pretty self explanatory. For this first one, I used the Damask Border with the standard font. I then added some bridal ribbon trim that I got at JoAnn's, some Heidi Swapp Icee bling, and a tiny clear dew drop. I ink distressed the edges a bit with Ranger Frayed Burlap Distress ink, and poped up the layers with Scotch mounting tape.




Here's a side view so you can see the dimension.
I'm all about dimension!! *grin* The main panel is also popped up a bit from the back of the card.









So, Now for the next card I made with the exact same layout, the exact same layers, and with the JustRite Monogram Stampers Kit.This one is even easier. The only dimension on this card is the monogram itself. Each layer is raised.
Sorry about the slightly crooked ribbon. Once my double stick tape is down...it's down. And I was in too much of a hurry to get this one done. *groan*

You can get these kits at Stamper's Dream, and Michelle has FREE SHIPPING for domestic orders over $75.

Supplies:
Stamps - JustRite c-45 Monogram Stampers Kit, Damask Borders
Paper - Grunge (Kaisercraft), Blue Awning Damask (K&Company)
Ink - Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories: Nestabilites, ribbon, dew drop, Scotch Mounting Tape, Rhinestone stickers

4 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh, I'm all about dimension too. Love that!...especially with bling added. Beautiful cards, Tosh!

Unknown said...

Well I am all about dimension and texture, and you've nailed both here! Girl, your simple layouts look fabulous! I LOVE both cards...A LOT!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oooh, I LOVE them both, Tosh! I can't wait to play with mine!

dpkennedy said...

These are great! I love how elegant a card looks with a monogram and these are no exception!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs