Sunday, July 13, 2008

Faux Silk Technique

It's time once again for a CCEE challenge. This whole month we're focusing on techniques. And, this week we were to try the Faux Silk. Beate gives a fabulous tutorial for this on SCS. It's really easy. I tried to get a close up so you could see what it looks like, but my photography skills are lacking, and I couldn't get it to work. This is the best I could do.

As I said earlier, we were to use the faux silk, and we get bonus points for adding an owl. We're hoping Hoots (StampOwl) will give us a prize since we dedicated this weeks theme to her passion for owls. *grin*

If you'd like to see what the other girls did for this challenge, check out our CCEE Stampers Blog. You can play along too. We'd love to see what you come up with!! All you have to do is follow the instructions there.

First off, the card is only 4"x4". The owl is Studio G and is colored with copics. I also Paper Toled him to give him the dimension the rest of the card has. He's small enough already. I'd hate to give him more of a complex. The circles were all cut with nestabilities, and are paper pierced. I stamped the bg on white tissue paper, colored the flowers with copics, and then stamped the Sanded bg from SU with Latte (Adirondack) over it all to roughen it up a bit. I also ink distressed all the edges with Latte.

To finish it off, I added a variety of rhinestone stickers: flower (Hero Arts), Teeny Tiny ones (Amuse Creative Candy), Corner ones (K& Company) The ribbon is offray.

I used all Prismatic Papers!! LOVE this stuff!! The texture is fantastic, and it inks beautifully. I used their Baby Pink Light and Medium, the Suede Brown Dark, and White (All Prismatics)
Guess what!!
I'm so excited to tell you...Michelle at Stamper's Dream is going to be carrying Prismatics!! Woo-Hoo!!! If you haven't tried this paper yet, believe me, you're missing out. One side is textured, the other side is smooth. And it's a fabulous weight too. I'll let you know when it's available at her store!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Studio G, Sanded (Stampin' Up)
Paper - Baby Pink Light and Medium, Suede Brown Dark, White (Prismatics), White (Papertrey)
Ink: Espresso and Latte (Adirondack)
Accessories - Copics, tissue paper, piercing tool, Mat Pack (Stampin' Up), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Tag and Photo corner punches (Stampin' Up), Rhinestone stickers, Offray ribbon, Scotch dimensional tape, make-up sponge

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Girl, there isn't anything you can't do!! I love this! I love the colors (such a beautiful shade of pink!!), I love the layout (you are a layout genius!!), and I love the stamps!!

dpkennedy said...

This owl is just adorable! Great design and color combo!!

Anonymous said...

This is just the cutest thing! I give you extra, extra bonus points! Thanks for the news about the Prismatics. I'm sure I'll be doing some shopping!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I have wanted to try this technique, but haven't gotten around to it yet. You have inspired me! Your card is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs