Sunday, May 20, 2018

Creative + Curious Release Hop ~ Power Poppy



It's RELEASE DAY over at Power Poppy!!!!!  Oh...my...goodness!!  I can't believe it is finally here.  People...you seriously need to head on over to Power Poppy and Start....SHOPPING!!  I had THE MOST FUN playing with these stamp sets.  They are each unique and full of incredible possibilities!!  I have two cards to share with you today, using 4 different stamp sets. 

http://powerpoppy.com/products/abundant-petals
For my first card, I combined Big, Sexy Leaves with Abundant Petals.  Don't they look fabulous together?  Seriously now!!!  I started by stamping the Big Sexy Leaves background image onto copy paper.  Why?  Well, I wanted to minc the leaves onto decorative paper, and my copier has toner.  So I just stamped it onto copy paper, and copied it onto my decorative paper.  Then I minc'ed it with Champagne Foil.  The shimmer is just stunning!  I have a short video of it on Instagram...look for "tosh.l" if you'd like to see it.

I then colored up this stunning Peony.  Marcy and her flowers...let me tell ya.  They are nothing short of F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!  I fussy cut each bloom and leaf cluster and added it to my card.



Now, my second card is on the opposite end of the spectrum.  I wanted to show that Toile (although is usually made up of repeating patterns) does not have to be perfect.  If you look closely at the background I created below, you will be able to tell the randomness of it.  And because the blooms are so beautifully and intricately designed, the "lack-of-perfection", is not noticeable without looking up close.  I used a variety of images from the Bee Kind Toile set, and combined it with one of the new M-Powering Words sentiments stamped over a honeycomb background.


That's it for my projects these last 5 days.  I hope you've enjoyed the previews.  Be sure to stop by Power Poppy and check out the entire Creative + Curious Collection.  These sets are show stoppers!!

Check out what the rest of the Bloom Brigade has to share for some last minute inspiration:

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
---you are here


Thank you so much for visiting and for your kind comments.  I so enjoy working with Marcella's images, and knowing that you appreciate Power Poppy too warms my heart!!

Happy Stamping!
 
__________________________________________________________

You made my day...
StampsAbundant Petals, Big Sexy Leaves (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Miscellaneous Decorative Paper
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Printer
Dies:  A2 Curved Borders One
 CopicsFlowers ~ RV69, RV34, RV32, RV10 Stems ~ YG67, YG63, YG61, Y02 Leaves ~ YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91, Y02, E49, E47, E44, E43
Accessories:  Minc Machine, Minc Foil, Sequins 

Just Enough
StampsBee Kind Toile, M-Powering Words (Power Poppy)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Ink:  Mermaid Lagoon and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide (Ranger), Tuxedo Black (Memento) 
Dies:  English Picnic Layering Die set (Tonic), Scored and Pierced Circles (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Dimensional Tape 

10 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful colored flower.

ellyscard creatief said...

Gorgeous colored flowers and such a elegant card.

SD pooja said...

Beautiful cards ! I loved the coloring :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh!!! These are gorgeous, and I especially love the first one with the gorgeous flower -- truly exquisitely colored! WOW! And I love how you've minc'd the background stamp on DP. So clever and such a gorgeous layout with the scalloped dies. Stunning. And I absolutely LOVE toile! What a gorgeous card with the blue and then the added sentiment with yellow! Stunning, sweet friend! Thank you for ALL the amazing inspiration this week. I am so excited and can hardly wait to get some stamps (and dies)! Hugs and love! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards. Love those Abundant Petals....it is such a wonderful size and I know I am going to have fun arranging my own bouquets. Thanks for the inspiration this week.

Lisa said...

Wow! Your first card is absolutely breathtaking! The shimmer, the layout, the beautifully colored flowers.....what a knockout!

Your second card is just as amazing...I love the blue combined with just a touch of yellow! Simply stunning!

Camille Short said...

Wow! The Abundant Petals are gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my absolutely stunning!!! Your design of the card is just lovely and wonderful coloring, it is like a picture...love it all!

Allison Cope said...

Holy geez... that Abundant Petals card is AH-MAZING! It just blows my mind. It must have taken you forever to color! So striking Tosh! Love the sweet blues of the Bee card too! Such a happy creation!

Cindy C. said...

Wow both are so beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs