Friday, April 28, 2017

Sunset Sway ~ Power Poppy




Happy Friday!!  I'm back with some more Power Poppy inspiration for you all, and I had some fun with this new digital image called Sunset Sway.  I thought it would be a great idea to color the background like a sunrise since a sunrise and sunset were included in the sentiment.  While I was picking colors for the flowers, I thought, why not include the colors of the rainbow.  So, I have red Anemones, orange and yellow in the background, green leaves, a blue butterfly and purple Tulips. I don't normally work with so many brights, but I truly enjoyed making this (for me) bold card.  

Since my colors were so bold, I decided to keep the background simple with a peach mat, and a white diecut frame called English Picnic by Tonic.  I used Photoshop to add the sentiment directly with the image, printed it out twice and cut out each bloom and the butterfly.  I then burnished them and popped them up onto the image for some extra dimension.

Lastly, I added some Ivory Seashell Crystal Drops (Nuvo) to the diecut centers of the little flowers in the frame.

Here's a close-up angle so you can see the dimension a bit better.


That about sums up my project for today.  For some more incredible inspiration, check out the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:

Copics: Anemones ~ R29, R27, R24, R22, R20, C8, C6, C5, C3 Tulips ~ V17, V15, V12, V01 Butterfly ~ B05, B02, B01. B00, C3 Leaves ~ G46, G24, G20, YG03 Background ~ Y00, Y11, Y13, YR00, RV02

Thank you all for dropping by!  I hope you have a delightful weekend!!
  Happy Stamping!

__________________________________________________________________

StampsSunset Sway (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Bazzill
Ink:  Printer
Diecuts:  English Picnic Rectangle Layering Die (Tonic)
Accessories:  Copics, Ivory Seashell Crystal Drops (Nuvo), Dimensional Tape 

9 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

STUNNING! Love the water colored background, your glorious flowers and that oh so delicate die cut panel. PRETTY!

Patti J said...

Sigh...your card just did it. I'm going to 'need' this image! My credit card protests, to no avail! Beautifully done....loving the orchid blooms, and your background is perfect! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Donna W said...

Beautiful card! What a wonderful background for your lovely flowers!

Patti J said...

Ha ha....bought it! Thanks again for your inspiration! Can't wait to start coloring :)

CherylQuilts said...

Tosh, what an exquisite card with these bold blossoms and wonderful dimension. I love how you've popped these flowers and the butterfly. And your coloring is exquisite against the "sunset" sky...and that die! I LOVE It! You sure have some of the most beautiful dies. Hugs! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Tosh this is beautiful. I like the sunrise/set background shading and your popped up blooms are wonderful. Beautiful card!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, the background really makes them pop!!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Absolutely stunning! Really!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs