Friday, April 21, 2017

Succulents and Butterflies ~ Power Poppy



Hello, hello, hello my friends!!  I'm back with another Power Poppy project and boy was this a fun one.  I love succulents and have quite a few outside my front door.  I love the colors, textures and depth of all the petals, and the fact that some of them even get some sweet little colorful blooms.  When I first saw Power Poppy's Succulent Singles, I knew I wanted to create a little succulent collage, so when I received this fun new Fluttered Fence Idyllics Embossing Folder and and Die set by Tonic, I thought they would be a perfect combination.

I started by stamping each main succulent 5 or 6 times.  I then numbered the petals according to which layer I wanted them so I didn't have to color each image every time.  The largest succulent has 6 layers, the pale one 5 layers, and the other two 4 layers.  Each layer was cut out, burnished (my tutorial can be found HERE) and added with dimensional tape.  I have a close-up below so you can see the individual layers.


The top panel was made with three layers also.  I layered the butterfly diecut over a piece of gingham decorative paper (Love Garden by Fabscraps) after embossing it with the included embossing folder.  I then diecut an extra white piece and hand-cut the butterflies, folded their wings and adhered them in their centers to give them depth.  I also added some Silver Moondust Glitter Drops (Nuvo) to the butterfly centers, as well as a few scattered sequins.

That's it for my project today.  But wait...there's more.....
It's Power Poppy's 3rd Birthday and Marcella really knows how to celebrate.  
http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/

 
Now, be sure to stop by the following Bloom Brigaders for some more inspiration if you haven't already:

CopicsGreen-Blue Succulent ~ BG78, BG75, BG72, BG32, BG13, BG11, V17, V25 Peach Succulent ~ YR65, YR61, YR31, YR30 Purple Succulent ~ V99, V95, V91 Neutral Succulents ~ W5, W3, W1, W0 Leafy Succulents ~ G46, G24, G20

Thank you so much for dropping by.  I hope you have a nice restful weekend!

   Happy Stamping!
 
_________________________________________________________________________

StampsSucculent Singles (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, White and  Soft Stone (PTI)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Antique Linen and Pumice Stone (Ranger Distress)
Dies:  Fluttered Fence Idyllics Embossing Folder and Die set (Tonic)
Accessories:  Copics, Sequins, Silver Moondust Glitter Drops (Nuvo) 

5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

So beautiful Tosh! Your layering is stunning! And I love the rich colours for the petals. Rich and elegant!

Ann said...

So pretty.

CherylQuilts said...

Thud! That was my jaw dropping when I saw these gorgeous succulents and how you've added so much "life" to them with your coloring and layering! WOW, Tosh, this is exquisite, and the embossing folder and the die are beautiful with it! This is stunning! I have looked at both photos carefully for a long time...hehe! Love it, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so pretty! I do like those layers... awesome! The sequins with the woodgrain is a great look, so pretty!

Nan0807 said...

Awesome cards! Love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs