Monday, November 18, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps November Release Preview ~ Day 1

There are some exciting new things going on over at Waltzingmouse Stamps. Not only is Claire releasing super charming stamps sets, but she's developed dies for some of your most favorite images!



I have two wall hangings to share with you today.  Both are framed in 8x8 shadow boxes.

For my first project, I used the  Fine Feather set.

The feathers, in the Waltzingmouse Fine Feather set, are exquisitely detailed.  And now she has dies that coordinate with them.

This project was super simple, and only a bit time consuming.  I stamped three of the feathers, 8 times each, onto Vellum with Versamark.  I then heat embossed them with white embossing powder and die cut them with the new Fine Feather dies.  After that, I snipped each feather in various places to give them a softer feel, and mounted them to a textured piece of Core Impressions Modern Prints Collection by Pink Paislee.  I love flowers and birds, so I thought this was a fun combination.


Here's a closer look at the feather detail.  





For my next project, I used the new Alpine Christmas stamp set to make a wall hanging.
Above is my project framed.  Sorry for the glare on the top.  No matter where I took the picture, I couldn't get rid of some of it.  You can see the background pretty well though, and I'm really happy with it.  I just took Kraft cardstock, scored it every 1/4 inch, turned it over and scored it between each previously scored lines.  I then added a hint of Vintage Photo Distress Ink over it.



Here it is unframed.  For the main panel, I diecut a snowflake from the center, and while the die was still in the paper, I stamped the snowflakes, from the Alpine Christmas set, with Versamark, onto Vintage Cream Cardstock, and embossed them with White embossing powder.  I then ink distressed, from the outside in, with Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain.

See the little scene on the inside?  Claire has designed the sweetest little snow village with buildings and trees that fit together.  However, you can create your own little village like I did.  I wanted the church by the "w", and the little trio of buildings tucked up right under the word "snow".  I then took my white Sharpie pen and colored the roofs and splattered some "snow" with it over the background.


Here's a close up, so you can see the sweet little buildings, and the depth of the diecut.  I popped it up with dimensional tape.  The back panel is ink distressed with Pumice Stone Ranger Distress Ink.

Well, my friends, that's it for my projects today.

Here's a list of all those participating in today's Waltzingmouse Release Preview:


Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Edna Morrisedie
Jeanne Jachna
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kelly Schirmer
Kim Duran
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Renee Lynch
Sandie Dunne
Teresa Kline 
Tosha Leyendekker


____________________________________________________________

Feather Flower
Stamps:  Fine Feathers (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  Vellum and Core Impressions Modern Prints (Pink Paislee)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Fine Feathers dies (Waltzingmouse), White Embossing Powder, Shadow Box Frame (Michaels), Button 

Framed Snowflake Scene
Stamps:  Alpine Christmas (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow, and Kraft (PTI) 
Ink:  Smokey Gray (Versafine), Versamark, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories:  2013 Snowflake Pendant (Spellbinders, Scor-Pal, White Embossing Powder, White Sharpie, Black Shadow Box (Michaels)


22 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Wow two of the most beautiful cards I ever did see !! Truly amazing what you did with these stamp sets and dies
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Julia Aston said...

My goodness Tosh - what a gorgeous feather wreath you created - it looks like REAL feathers there!! and your cut out snowflake framing on your village is just lovely!

Kelly S. said...

I seriously just fell of my chair. Seriously. Are you kidding me with that feather snowflake???? One of my fave cards of all time, Tosh!!! It's positively touchable!!! So amazing and a perfect wait to feature the new dies. And oh how I love that warm Let it Snow card! It's like a gingerbread cookie! So sweet having the scene peeking out of the snowflake. LOVE your projects today, can you tell?!!!!

anya said...

WOW! Tosh, your feather flower is so gorgeous! Just stunning with the embossed vellum! I also love the little village peeking through your die-cut snowflake. A fabulous card!

Vickie Z said...

Both are gorgeous Tosh!! Those feathers....oh my that was a labor of love and the hanging is perfect....love all the distressing and that sweet village tucked snide the snowflake!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Tosh these are gorgeous. I thought for sure those were feathers... So delicate and BEAUTIFUL! Adore the snowflake with the scene inside. Super creations girlie.

Marisa said...

Your feather flower is stunning, Tosh!! Love the brown snowflake card too :)

Jami said...

Both are gorgeous, but I am especially in love with that feather piece! WOW! Those feathers look real! What a creative take on that stamp set!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

THUD...okay woman - these are both amazing. Your feather wreath is drop-dead gorgeous...WOW

And how creative to create a snowflake window for that great scene inside. I want to be like you when I grow up...LOL

Annheidel said...

Wow, both of these projects are flat out amazing! Such beautiful work!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Wow! These are both stunning Tosh - you are clever!

FMG said...

Both of these projects are beautiful!!! I love them!

christi said...

wow, blown away by the feather wall hanging. just gorgeous!

Renee said...

OMGosh, Tosh...
they are both stunning!!
Those delicate feathers...
but that village in the snowflake...
I die!!
Incredibly gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Well you could easily knock me off my couch with one of those feathers! That is one of the most beautiful/genius creations I've ever seen! Just love it! Your snowflake (that scored mat -- WOW!!) is gorgeous, too. Thank you for once again getting me to think about things I have gathering dust -- vellum and white embossing powder -- that I should be using. nise

Marybeth said...

Tosh!!!!!! Phenomenal! Oh my gosh the feather card then the die cut snowflake scene!!!!!!!wow

Conniecrafter said...

Wow the feathers look so real and the display is very pretty, love the second one too, such pretty colors and love the scene on the inside with the embossed snowflakes all around!

LaurieJ said...

Your projects are awe-inspiring. Wow! I poured over each detail. I can't decide which I like better, but I know I'd love to hang both in my house!

Bajalizzy said...

I thought they were real feathers too! Isn't that a nice stamp! And that snowflake is a pretty design too.

Jill Norwood said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! These are so amazing!!! I just love them both!! Oh my GORGEOUSNESS!!!

Becca Feeken said...

Hop week was so busy that I'm just getting to surf around and comment now, lol - what I've been missing all week! I'm picking my jaw up and trying to comprehend how you get from a feather to this?? Tosha, think this is one of my all time favs of yours. What awesome talent!!

TLady said...

JUST strolling through your blog Tosha & WOW!!!! Your Feather card is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen these feathers EVERYWHERE & just didn't get it! NOW, I want a FEATHER STAMP!!!!!!!!!! LOL THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) AND subscribing to your blog!!!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs