Friday, November 1, 2013

Our Daily Bread November Preview

For my Flourishes post, Click HERE.

I'm excited to share two cards with you today using the new Our Daily Bread Designs set Christmas Pattern Ornaments that coordinate with the new ODBD Circle Ornaments dies.



For my first card I layered embossing.  I stamped the snowflake ornament image, with Versamark, onto white cardstock, and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then took Platinum Planet Brilliance Pigment Ink and sponged it over the embossed image and again embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I love how vintage it looks with the white snowflakes showing through, and you get a nice sheen irl.  I then diecut it using the new ODBD Circle Ornaments dies.

I covered the Nobel Rectangle diecut frame (Spellbinders), with the same Platinum Planet ink, as well as the holly embossed background, and the sentiment opening in the Grommet Tags (Spellbinders) diecut piece.  The Icicles die (Spellbinders), has glitter on the embossed sections.

Here's a closer look at the ornament snowflake image.  Aren't those flakes gorgeous!!  I love the detail. 


 
I was definitely in the embossing mode for this release.  I stamped the smaller ornament, from the Christmas Pattern Ornaments set, with Versamark, onto black cardstock and embossed it with black embossing powder.  I then stamped it, with Versamark, onto white cardstock, and again, embossed it with black embossing powder.  I love the contrast.    I added a gable to the top using ODBD's new Christmas Paper Collection 2013.  It has a rich Victorian feel which fits beautifully with these ornament images.  I added some enamel dots, twine, a couple of jingle bells, flowers and rhinestones to finish it off.


Here's a closer look so you can see the fine detail of the image.

Here's a list of all the dt members who have some wonderful holiday inspiration to share with you today:
Dawn * Grace * Sandee * Lisa * Chris * Angie * Julie * Silke * Cathy *Lori * Tosha * Sabrina * Audrey
One winner will be randomly chosen from one of the designers blog comments to receive a $50 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store, to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps.  You have until November 2, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. EST to make your comments!  The Winner will be posted on the ODBD Blog on November 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!




Thank you so much for stopping by!!  I hope you have an awesome weekend!
Happy Stamping!
_____________________________________________________

Platinum Ornament
Stamps:  Christmas Pattern Ornaments (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper:  Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark and Platinum Planet (Brilliance)
Accessories:  Circle Ornaments dies (ODBD), Nobel Rectangle, Grommet Tags and Icicle dies (Spellbinders), Holly Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Platinum Shimmer Twine (Twinery), Silver Leafing Pen, Quickie Glue Pen, Clear Rock Candy Glitter (Ranger), White Pearl Flower, Clear Embossing Powder (JudiKins)

Black and White Ornament
Stamps:  Christmas Pattern Ornaments (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper:  Christmas Paper Collection 2013 (ODBD), Black and White (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark 
Accessories:  Circle Ornaments dies (ODBD), Scalloped Borders Two and Fancy Frame Tags One (Spellbinders), Red Twine (Olive Manna), Red Flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts), Rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty), Enamel Dots (Teresa Collins), Black Embossing Powder (JudiKins), Jingle Bells

41 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh my goodness, both are soooooooo beautiful!! I always look forward to your neutral colored projects....the platinum card was just what I was looking for!! Then I saw the black and red one....yowza, this one really knocked me out! HUGS!!

Dawn said...

both are elegant beauties, Tosh! I think my fave is the Platinum Ornament. awesome!

Sabrina said...

I really love the Monochromatic card but I also love the touch of red!! Absolutely exquisite and gorgeous!!!

Tkat said...

pretty pretty

Sue D said...

wow--both cards are fabulous. I like the soft colors of the first and the dramatic colors of the second.

Marisa said...

Beautiful monotone card and love the red and black and how it pops!

kathi17 said...

These are gorgeous cards Tosh, I love the embossing on both of them, and both combinations of colors are beautiful. One so peaceful and elegant, and the other, so dramatic, but elegant too!

Conniecrafter said...

Such lovely elegant look to both cards, great combo of the dies in them all, the embossed backgrounds are so pretty, the black and red combo is just stunning!

Donna Whitten said...

Wow, two lovely cards that are totally opposite.

Iris said...

Amazing and lovely cards. Love the embossing and the color combos on both.
isoscia at aol dot com

Sherry said...

beautiful!! love how you inlaid the embossed panel on the first one! and I love the black and white with a pop of red! lovin the new sets!

Marsha said...

Gorgeous embossing. Love the ice cyles die.

Blue Rose said...

Lovely cards, the detailing is incredible.

Unknown said...

Have to say that I love the black, white, and red combo. The other one is beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing your talent with us

Bernadette RS said...

Incredible, Tosh. "Opposite" is correct. How did you think of that? Absolutely gorgeous cards.

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many details and layers. I love the soft colors of the first one.

Patty said...

Love the soft gentle ornament card...and the bold ornament card...Thanks for showcasing their versatility so well!!!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Tosh - I am always in awe after a visit to see your creations. You are so amazingly talented!! Both cards are so different yet both took my breath away!! But it's the white/platinum ornament card that I keep going back to - so soft and stunning!! Hugs and Blessings!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh my!! Stunning does not even begin to describe your creations Tosh!! I just adore your design and creative uses!! The embossed ornament background and your black, red, and white combo with the elegant dies and layering is drop dead gorgeous. The cream and white is sheer ELEGANCE that is jaw dropping!!
hugs,
Chris

Pati said...

I really like your first card with the white & 'platinum planet', very pretty color combo. The white embossed pattern looks beautiful on your ornament! I don't usually see black Christmas cards. I like your embossing on the black, cool effect.

Jean Bullock said...

Wow. Beautiful. I never thought of heat embossing black on black. How striking. Love it.

Cathymac said...

WOW! Tosha...your creations are always such an inspiration! These cards are so elegant! The design, texture and color on both are breathtaking! Stunning work, my friend! Hugs!

Unknown said...

i just love the you did with the christmas ball and it look so christmas i just could see gilter or some ebossed colors to make it pop i just loved your card ty so much for shareing wiuth us i haveing blog hopping to day .

Unknown said...

ty so much for being part from some card maker who love god and arent ashame to share god word i so blessed to found your blog i will be back to learn more ty ty for all you share and walk by faith not by sight

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are beautiful, Tosh! Love the colors and all the embossing looks wonderful. Gorgeous cards!

Unknown said...

Such stunning and unique cards. Absolutely gorgeous. love the bells on the second card.

VeronicaA said...

I love the stark contrast of both of your cards...the softness of the first and boldness of the second one. They are both stunning.

Karen W said...

They are both wonderful but the cream one is fabulous!!! I love how you achieved that look and will have to try it.

Miriam Prantner said...

WOW! Two totally elegant cards with such different feels. That first one is my favorite, it just took my breath away, so beautiful!

Linda Carson said...

Gasp! I'm in awe of your creative talent! Both cards are breathtaking!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Totally enchanted with the cream and white card

Heather said...

These are both so beautiful!!! The red and black one is stunning!!!! I love the dies and the embossing!

Silke Ledlow said...

Pure GORGEOUSNESS...love the details on both cards!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, Tosh, your cards are so striking.......love them! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Bajalizzy said...

Did you use the Grand Calibur Die Cutting & Embossing Machine?

Kelley said...

Oh Tosh, both of these are so fabulous!! The cream card is so wonderful and the black one is just as nice!! WOWZERS!!

Lucy E. said...

Gorgeous and gorgeous! I love the cream on cream! And the black and red one is so stunning!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning cards Tosh! The top one is soft and delicate, while the bottom one just pops off the screen!

Saints Rule! said...

WOW!!! I love the rich elegance of the cream card but the black is so striking! I love a card that makes a statement and yours sure does! Bold, beautiful and knock your socks off gorgeous!

Grace said...

Oh Tosh... you always blow me away!!! Your embossing on these projects really sets them off beautifully! I LOVE the top one... the soft neutral shades, the beautiful dies used, and the shimmer the Brilliance adds! The second one is just eye popping in both design and color!!! LOVE the bg you created and the victorian feel you created!!! Wowzers!!!
hugs,
Grace

Pet73 said...

So different, but each one so elegant and beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs