Monday, July 30, 2012

Viva la Verve and Ink Isolating Tutorial


Have you had a chance to check out the last Viva la Verve sketch for this month yet? If you use all the sketches, and upload them HERE, you have an opportunity to win a $100 Verve Gift Certificate...just sayin'....:)

Well, inspired by this week's CAS (I know...I got carried away and didn't do very well in the CAS department...it happens sometimes...*grin*), I created this fun coffee card using a couple of techniques.

First of all I Emboss Resisted. I stamped the coffee stain image, from the Verve set Better with You, onto Kraft cs, with Versamark and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. I then inked the panel with Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink) using a sponge dauber. After getting the deep color I wanted, I used my heat tool to go over the embossed coffee stains once more to get rid of the shine of the embossing powder making it look a little more rustic. The paper lines are an image from the Verve set Making a Statement.


For the background, I just stamped the "java" image all over the main panel. I wanted to use the small beautifully fonted "java" sentiment as a little banner flag so I decided to isolate it from the other fonts using repositioning tape.

Now, I'm sure someone has used this technique before, and there's probably a youtube video out on it, but I thought I'd show you how I did it here anyway.


I just taped over the areas of the image I didn't want to show,


Inked up the image with Teal Zeal (Memento),


and removed the tape to reveal the lone part that I wanted inked. If your ink has dried a bit, just "huff" on it and it should moisten the ink enough to get a good crisp image.
It's really easy.

The colored panels were created using the Modern Cube Large Edge Punch (EK Success). I just added some colored squares behind it using Ranger Distress Inks. I thought it would be fun to add some actual coffee beans too. They even smell good. :)



I want to quickly remind you that Verve is having a fabulous sale and Goody Bag offer right now too. So be sure to check that out. Just click on one of the images to the left or above, and you will be directed over to the Verve Store.




That about sums up today's card. I'm working on an Our Daily Bread Designs card for the Alumni Hop later this week, so be sure to visit again soon.

Happy Stamping!!

post signature

_______________________________________________________________

Paper: Vintage Cream and Kraft (PTI)
Ink: French Roast (a muse), Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress), Elderberry, Teal Zeal, Pistachio, Peanut Brittle, and Toffee Crunch (Memento), Versamark
Accessories: Modern Cube Large Edge Punch and Round Binding Edge Edger Punch (EK Success), Burlap Ribbon, Memo Pins (Tim Holtz), Coffee Beans, Distrezz-it-All (Zutter), Clear Embossing Powder

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Great java card, Tosh :) Lots ofr fun details on this "CAS' card wink, wink. Love the coffee beans too!

scrappymo! said...

What a great card. I am a big fan of your style!
Love all the distressed details.

Danni said...

Love this card! Simply fabulous!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool design, love the touch the burlap gives and the coloring of the squares different colors, neat layering and the coffee beans is a neat idea!

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous as always and quite the CAS card, LOL!!! Do you have pics from your vaca in Hawaii?? Hope you had fun!

dpkennedy said...

OOh, I love the coffee rings and the beans! Great card!

Queen Mary said...

Love this! Love the teal and the secret hints on stamping just a word!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs