Friday, July 6, 2012

Viva la Verve and an accident...yikes!!


I have a Viva la Verve! card to share with you today using the sketch designed by one of the sweetest Verve divas, Charmaine!! :)

I used a variety of Verve Stamps and dies on this card: Stamps ~ Words of Wisdom,Making a Statement and Blue Skies, A Cut Above Dies ~ All Aflutter, Charming Oval,Charming Banner, and Tagged Rectangle

It's all pretty straight forward.


It's Julee's birthday this month, so she's celebrating big with a super sale all month, and a fantastic goody bag!!

And what's a party without presents?

Now through the end of July receive a free goody bag of papercrafting delights if your order totals at least $75 after discounts and before shipping! There's nothing to do except shop... we'll automatically add the goodies when your order ships!


On a personal note... (I rarely share personal stuff but this is just plain crazy!!)

Have you ever tried participating in activities that your mind is sure you're young enough to actually pull off, but your body says "who are you trying to kid?" Well, I did just that on Monday. I decided to tube (being pulled behind our boat) with three others. Something I haven't done in 2 years, but have never been thrown either. Well, this time I got thrown and broke my 7th rib on my left side. Are you kidding me? I've wiped out knee boarding before, and on a stand up wave runner, and have never been seriously injured. Okay, I'm 44 years old now, but jeepers, I know people a lot older who go unscathed.

Now, the physical pain is manageable with only 2 advil every 6 hours. No problem. It's the heartache that's hard to take. You see, we're taking a trip to Hawaii soon and had all kind of active excursions planned, a few of which I can no longer do. My biggest disappointment is not being able to zipline. That's the one activity I truly LOVE!! *sigh* I have to say that I'm very thankful though. I could have had a much more serious injury to my neck or legs, or something else that would keep me from even going on vacation. So I'm truly counting my blessings. I get to spend some fun quality with my family in a tropical setting!! That's a HUGE blessing!! I just can't believe I've broken a rib! How crazy is that!?!?!?!?!?!

Well, that's it from me today.
I hope ya'll are enjoying your summer and are staying injury free. LOL

Stay safe, and Happy Stamping!!


post signature

_______________________________________________________________

Paper: Songbird (Prima) and Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: French Roast (a muse), Gray Flannel (Memento)
Accessories: All Aflutter, Charming Oval,Charming Banner, and Tagged Rectangle (A Cut Above dies ~ Verve), Gesso, Flower (BoBunny), Lace (Melissa Frances), Buttons (PTI), Twine, Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Sewing Machine


14 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Tosh!! Love your colors, your layout and your added details!! BEE-autiful!!
hugs,
Chris

Gabriela said...

Oh Tosh - I'm so sorry to hear about your accident and the resulting broken rib. That sounds excruciatingly painful. You have such a sunny disposition and outlook about it though. I know you will enjoy your trip to Hawaii immensely despite the broken rib. Your card is so very beautiful. Reminds me of a ballerina's tutu.

scrappymo! said...

Hugs to you! Ribs are so painful.

your card is just beautiful...so soft and pretty.

Maureen said...

oh, Tosh! Incredible! I hear ya on our bodies not being what they used to be...hard to age gracefully sometimes! Too bad about the ziplining, but maybe a good reason to go back again {wink!}. LOVE that beautiful blossom and all that yummy Verve :) Hugs, but not too hard to hurt that rib! Hang in!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh no, so sorry about your injury....ouchie!!! Haha, there are a LOT of things I don't do anymore...I can finally admit that I'm getting old!!!

Meanwhile, your card is scrumptious as usual!!

Have a blessed weekend!!!

Marisa said...

Oh Tosh.....sooooo sorry to hear about the rib - ouch! Glad nothing more happened. Hate those freak accidents. Trusting you will enjoy your trip none-the-less ((hugs)). Your card is fabulous as always :)

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the frills and flowers and those Verve sentiments are wonderful! Agree with Moe....you'll just have to go back again to zip line! My dear hubby had a boating accident too but, he wasn't even in the boat-just trying to pull the stern to the pier....tore up his rotator cuff and is having surgery Monday....can you believe it? Hope you're felling better soon!

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful! Love the layering and accents! :)

Julia Aston said...

Love your card Tosh - it looks like a little ballerina with the fun netting along the bottom - how pretty!! SO sorry about your rib! you are lucky girl - broken ribs hurt a lot and can take a long time to heal - glad it's just one for you and that you will still be able to go to Hawaii!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the gorgeous softness of this with the trim and flower and pretty colors....
I know what your saying about activities that you didn't have problems doing you end up injuring yourself, that has happened to me this year time after time and I am 4 years older than you, it has been crazy, glad you are still able to go on your vacation :)

Runs with Scissors said...

Tosh, your card is so beautiful. I love the softness of the colors and all the elements. Great card.

Wanda Cullen said...

What a gorgeous card, Tosh!! So sorry to hear about your accident, but what a plus to even be going to Hawaii! It's still on my bucket list.

Kelly S. said...

Oh NO, Tosh! While it wasn't my first time, it may have been my last! My spindly arms were so sore the next day! Hopefully the lovely scenery in Hawaii will distract you from any of the activities you will have to miss. So sorry!!! :(

Kelly S. said...

EEK, I didn't even comment on the loveliness of the CARD! It's like a little pastel dream. You made me want to buy those mini library clips (which I did!) and next stop when shopping? The TULLE aisle...so so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs