Sunday, April 6, 2008

Summer Front Porch


I love Mondays!! Crazy huh? They're the start of a new week and because of that, I tend to be more organized. But, I really like Monday's because I get to see what my crazy SCS friends did for their Monday Challenge that we do each week with each other. This week Cindy (Mothermark on SCS) challenged us to use two buckles. I was like.....are you sure? That's way too easy for a Cindy challenge. But that was all that was required. So, here's my two buckle card. Check out the other *buckle cards* HERE.

Now, about this card!!! I'm in love!!!! As a kid, I used to love it when my mother would color with me. She was AWESOME. The absolute BEST!!! Not only did she teach me how to stay in the lines, she taught me how to shade with crayons. What fond memories I have coloring with her. And now, because of my stamping addiction, I get to color at the age of 40 even though I don't have a toddler to teach how to color. How awesome is that.

That brings me to my new love......Northwoods stamps!! They are the BOMB. They stamp evenly and perfectly every time....and I mean every time!!! And, they have just enough detail to give the image depth, and just enough coloring space to let you do your thing with whatever coloring medium you choose. I chose to use copics this time. I LOVE my copics. The fine tip makes it easy to stay in the lines and the colors are gorgeous...and they don't leave *lines* kwim?

I hope you can see it in the picture, but this is very 3-D. The chair is two layers, and the hat and potted plant on the right are 3 layers. The side panel and main panel are also on dimensions. I love depth!!

You need to head over to Michelle's store and check out her Northwoods stamps. They are heavenly!! I have a few more that I'll be posting in the future too. Maybe I'll watercolor them next.

The scallops were done with the scallop blade on my fiskars rotary cutter.

Supplies:
Stamps - Northwoods Front Porch
Paper - K&Company Roam, SU Basic Gray, Almost Amethyst, Papertrey White
Ink - Ranger Black Soot , Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Accessories - buckles - Scrap Essentials (JoAnn's), Robin's Nest pebbles, offray ribbon, scotch dimensional tape, sponge

Are ya still with me????!!!!!
I'm sooooo excited!! Michelle at Stamper's Dream has added a new guest designer to the team. I tell ya, that Michelle is one smart cookie!! The new designer is................Amy Sheffer!!! And she is nothing short of Aaaaaaamazing!!! Go check out her blog if you haven't already! Pickled Paper Designs. You won't be disappointed!!

9 comments:

Just Me said...

LOVE the card!

Anonymous said...

**Sigh** Tosh, this is WONDERFUL!!! I could look at this for hours and hours!!! It's like I'm right there on that peaceful front porch!!! You make coloring look easy!! (But I know better...it's not as easy as you make it look!!) You are just amazingly talented when it comes to coloring and shading...now I know where it comes from...you mother! :-)

Linda Carson said...

Lovely card, just lovely!

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous card Tosh---Love how you brought that scene to life with your beautiful coloring!

Unknown said...

OMG! That's GORGEOUS! I love your coloring and shading. Girl, you're a pro at that! Your mother taught you well. :-)

And I love those Northwoods stamps, too! Aren't they great?

Amy Sheffer said...

Your coloring is the BEST, Tosh! You make the image come alive. Thanks for the welcome to the Stamper's Dream DT, too!

Judy Rozema said...

How fabulous! I have been a big fan of Northwoods for a long time. They make really neat images you can't find elsewhere! You have done an amazing job of bringing that scene to life!

Corie said...

Oh my -- you should frame this and hang it up -- so GORGEOUS

Anonymous said...

Awww, this is just darling. I LOVE that stamp, colors, layout. I LOVE your blog banner too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs