Monday, April 28, 2008

Beachy Keen Monday!!


It's time for a card challenge that I do with my zany SCS friends. This week we were to use supplies that Frances (StampOwl) sent us. She gave us each this adorable penguin stamp and another *girl* penguin. We could use either, or both. She also sent us this fun DP. The other side of it is a pink/brown stripe. I couldn't match mine well enough, so I just used this side instead.

If you'd like to see the other ccee cards, click HERE.

I used a CD as a template to design my beach ball, and drew my own lines, cut out each individual section, and traced the odd ones onto the dp. All the edges are ink distressed with Walnut Distress Ink by Ranger. Now that I have the photo edited and uploaded, I realize there were some "extras" I was going to do and forgot....Bummer!!! Oh well, it took me quite a few photos to get this one, so I'm not starting over. The penguin image was cut out with the nestabilities circles and the scallops were chopped off by using a slightly smaller circle. I feel this gives it a more masculine feel. I brayered white SU craft ink over the embossed bg and heated white ep over it. The penguin is from Imaginisce, and the sentiment is from the Lizzie Anne designs "shore thoughts" set. Thanks for stopping by!!!!! ;o)

Supplies:
Stamps - Penquin Dude (Snag'em Stamps - Imaginisce), Shore Thoughts (Lizzie Anne designs)
Paper - DP (Imaginisce), Choc. Chip, Groovy Guava, Barely Banana (Stampin' Up), White (Papertrey)
Ink - Black Soot, Walnut Distress Inks (Ranger), Craft White (Stampin' Up)
Accessories - Copics, CD, Quickie Glue Pen, Ultrafine Crystal Glitter, Nestabilities, Key Tag Punch (Stampin' Up), sponge, Scotch Mounting Tape

6 comments:

Linda Carson said...

What a creative piece of artwork!! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Extremely cute... Love the way you used DP to make the beach ball!

Sheila D said...

This is so cute. Love how you made the beachball.

Julia Aston said...

So Cute Tosh! love the beach ball - and the penguin is such a cutie!

dpkennedy said...

This is adorable! I love the beach ball! I love these penguin stamps!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So sweet! The zany sentiment is oh so clever!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs