Sunday, April 20, 2008

DDA Journal with Bookmark


The 20th of each month, Jami from SCS gives the Dirty Dozen Alumni a challenge. This month it was as follows:

Challenge Focus: See the Inspiration Photo below. The photo is from BH&G 100 Decorating Ideas Under $100 magazine.
Required Element: Make an Inspiration Journal for yourself or as a gift. It can be any size from tiny to huge.
Restricted Element: No markers (SU, Copic, or any other brand), no watercolor crayons.

Inspirational Photo is HERE

I liked the blue/white/tan combo with the hint of orange/red flowers. I decided to make my journal a prayer journal and used this gorgeous Bible Still Life image by Inkadinkado. I colored it with prisma watercolor pencils and the SU blending pen. I also added some sparkle with my Sakura stardust glitter gelly roll pen.

My scallops were cut with my fiskars rotary cutter.

I made a magnetic bookmark to go with the journal. I figured I could use it in my devotional book. I kept both projects fairly flat so they're easy to keep with me. For the bookmark, I just folded the piece in half and cut with my fiskars rotary scalloped blade cutter. The image Aged and Elegant is by Inque Boutique, and the sentiment heartfelt is a MFT sentiment from Grateful Greetings. I put Basicgrey magnetic snaps, that I got from Eclectic Paperie, on the inside of my bookmark and covered them with a piece of cardstock.
Here's the template I used. I have no idea who designed this template. It was the very first journal I made as a stamper over 12 years ago and was taught to me by my SU demo Laurie Franz. The paper inside is just a 5"x8" pad I got at staples.














I'm including a photo of the back to show how it's attached to the paper pad, and the inside to see how the folder works. You can cover the back of the pad with a 5"x8" piece of cardstock if you like. I left it off to show how you can use just one piece of cardstock to make the journal cover...then enhance it as you like. Here's a photo of the inside pocket too.
I've never done a tutorial before, but hopefully you can figure this out by my photos. If you have any questions, email me at www.stamps4fun@hotmail.com.

Supplies:
Stamps: Bible Still Life (Inkadinkado), Remembering and bookmark image: Aged and Elegant (Inque Boutique), heartfelt (MFT)
Paper: Metallic Papers by Marcella K (K&Company), SU Riverrock, Papertrey White
Ink: Versafine Black onyx, Ranger Antique Linen and Weathered Wood distress ink
Accessories: Prisma watercolor pencils, SU blending pen, dew drops (cowboy), oval nestabilities by spellbinders, piercing tool, piercing template, 5x7 paper pad, scor-pal, basicgrey magnetic snaps

3 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is absolutely, amazingly totally cool! Thanks for sharing how you did this...taking a normal boring pad of paper, and turning it into an exquisit work of art! So glad I stopped in at your blog for the whole story! Gorgeous!

Corie said...

This is just GORGEOUS!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Thanks for sharing! Wonderful project!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs