Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Santa Horses

I love pen and ink art and pencil sketches. I don't know what it is, but whenever I'm around art, I'm drawn to them. My FIL also raises Friesian horses. In fact, there are 10 of them grazing in our pasture right now. So when I saw these charming Santa Horses, I couldn't wait to work with them. All I did was stamp them with Tuxedo Black (Memento) and colored the hats with pastels (chalks). The sentiment is from A Merry Little Christmas Borders and Centers set (JustRite). I ink distressed everything with Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink).

That's it. Easy peasy!! I took very little time to make this!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Have a fabulous week and Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Santa Horses (Impression Obsession), A Merry Little Christmas Borders and Centers (JustRite)
Paper: Happy Holidays (FancyPants), Kraft and Black (Prism)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories: Circle Scallops Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Pastels, Brads, Chocolate Satin Ribbon (May Arts), Corner Rounder Punch, Piercing Tool (Making Memories), Mat Pack (SU!)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Tosh! Love the horses image and what you've done with it. Your layout and choice of paper is the perfect compliment!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous!! I love sketchy stamps like this too!!

TannyP said...

Absolutely beautiful! It may have been easy peasy for you, but it looks amazing!!

StampOwl said...

Stunning Tosh

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Tosh!! I love these kinds of images as well...but I never know how to make them work for me. Thank you for the inspiration!! Your distressing is perfection!!

Gabriela said...

What a marvelous image Tosh. I love what you've done with it. Heavy sigh....

Joanne (jojot) said...

might have been easy, but only you could achieve such warmth and beauty

nise said...

It's a beautiful image and you did the slight accent (pasteling the hats) and let the horses stand with very little fanfare ~ perfect!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the colors/papers, has a great masculine feel, would be great for those unmarried guys :)

dpkennedy said...

Wow, Tosh, what you did with this image is amazing! Wow!

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a perfect image for your divine distressed designs! Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Tosh this is magnificent!
--Hugs Becca

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Great card Tosh - love your I.O. stuff.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful, Tosh! Horses are such majestic creatures and I love how you've used them for your Christmas card.

Susan (rainy) said...

Tosh this is fabulous!! The subtle color on the hats.. the ink distressing.. the elegant layout and accessories.. WOW!

Leslie Miller said...

This is a most outstanding card, Tosh! The stamp is so detailed. Love how you chose to color only the hats very softly with chalks. Beautiful design!

zcdl said...

Beautiful !! :)

Judy Rozema said...

I sooo love this! The hats look GREAT and the shading is just wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs