Thursday, April 16, 2009

All Wrapped up


I love playing with new paper!! I wanted to try a slightly bolder color palette since I tend to lean toward greens lately, so I chose this fun yellow and red combo from the Everafter line by Cosmo Cricket and matted it with Birchtone Dark (Prismatics). I used Neenah Natural White for the card base, and ink distressed all the edges with Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink).

I love how versatile the All Wrapped Up set by Flourishes is. These packages can be used for birthdays or Christmas, or even just a thoughtful gift for a friend. I stamped the stack of packages twice with Tuxedo Black (Memento), colored with copics, and added a touch of glitter and dimension. The filigree brads are by Stampin' Up, and their centers are Candy Dots (Pebbles, Inc.). The grosgrain ribbon is Lemon Tart by Papertrey Ink, and the photo corner was cut with a decorative scissors.


edit to add: I used the edge of the Provincial decorative scissors by Fiskars for the photo corner.


Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Come back tomorrow. I have a project to show you that I just fell in love with.
Happy stamping my blogging friends!!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - All Wrapped Up (Flourishes)
Paper - Everafter (Cosmo Cricket), Birchtone Dark, Neenah Natural White (Prismatics)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Copics, Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Filigree Brads (Stampin' UP!), Candy Dots (Pebbles, Inc.), Lemon Tart Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey, Ink), Glitter, Cuttlebug, Quickie Glue Pen, Decorative Scissors, Dimensional Tape

8 comments:

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

What a treat it is to stop by and see this card today. I love that fancy schmancy photo corner!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, TOSH! These colors are so great! Awesome coloring, PERFECT bow, and I love the hardware and that corner treatment. Too cool!

Unknown said...

Awesome card, Tosh!!! I absolutely love those fun colors you used, and you are so right about the versatility of this set. You MUST show me how to make that adorable corner treatment!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Tosh I love your happy colors. Hugs Cindy

Maggie said...

Lovely card and it feels so Springy! I've never seen decorative scissors like the one you said you used in the corner. I must know how you did it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

the color palette rocks....and it still has the warm and richness of the less vibrant colors.....but it does pop outta the gallery a bit more...lovely

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful card! I LOVE those colors!

Gail said...

Love the colors :) Thank you for the tutorial! I hope I can find the Fiskars you used...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs