Monday, February 16, 2009

Silhouettes by Anna!!


I'm so excited to share with you Anna's new release this month for Whipper Snapper Designs ...Wildflower Silhouette. They're gorgeous flower silhouettes based on some of her photographs. She included some thoughtful sentiments too: So Sorry..., So Thoughtful, and with Sympathy.

They're fabulous and I can't wait to share some more ideas that I have for them in the future.

But, for now, I'll show you the two I made for today. I was trying out some new My Mind's Eye ink that I got with a gift certificate from my friend Pat (patsmethers on SCS) Thanks Pat. Both image panels are the same, I just added another color to the first one here. And a spotlighting technique to the next.

For this first card, I inked up the image in one of the lighter green inks, and then randomly brushed some brown over the image to get this look. The ink is pigmented so I embossed it with some Detail Clear ep after getting the coverage I wanted. The images are stamped on Champagne Metallic cs (Prism) and are ink Distressed with Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Ink). It has a really beautiful Sheen.

The striped bg is GORGEOUS printed vellum by Deja Views. I layered that over Kiwi Kiss (SU) to give it the soft green stripe between the rich plum. The panel in between is from the Laundry Line (My Mind's Eye).

I sewed around the edges of the back panel with a shiny copper thread! LOVE it!! And finally, I added a sweet little bee charm to the Mellow Moss Taffeta ribbon by Stampin' UP!

Check out these blogs to see what the other girls have created with Anna's Silhouettes.

Anna Wight (herself)
Amy Sheffer
Beth Matson
Jackie Pedro
Lisa Zappa


Supplies:
Stamps - WildFlower Silhouette (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper - Deja View, My Mind's Eye, Brushed Gold (SU), Stormy Dark, Champaign Metallic (Prismatic)
Ink - My Mind's Eye
Accessories - Labels I Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Oval punches (SU), Detail Clear ep, Taffeta Ribbon (SU), Bee Charm (starlitstudio), Copper Thread



Since it's Monday, I made this next card for my weekly CCEE challenge. This week we're featuring the unique SCS name *JustPaintingAround*. Michelle is known for her fantastic spotlighting, and so I challenged the CCEEers to use that very technique also. We will be mailing our cards to her too.

So for this card, I just stamped the Silhouettes onto the same Champagne Metallic Prism paper with MME ink and ink distressed the edges with Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Ink) again.

Each panel is framed with Brushed Gold cs (SU), and the center cone flower is spotlighted and is lifted with dimensional tape.

The edges were punched with a Fiskars border punch, and the tiny flower was made with two CarlCraft flower punches. The tiny Latte Pearls are by Kaisercraft, and I pierced along with bottom with my Tim Holtz ruler, and an Ornare template under the flower.

To see what the other CCEEers have done with the spotlighting technique, click HERE. We'd love to have you play along too. Just make a card with this technique, and link it in the comment section of the CCEE Stampers blog.

That about sums these both up.


Supplies:
Stamps - Wildflower Silhouette (Whipper Snapper Designs - Anna Wight)
Paper - Deja View, Brushed Gold (SU), Champagne Metallic (Prism), Kiwi Kiss (SU)
Ink - My Mind's Eye
Accessories - Ribbon, Flower Punch (Carlcraft), Latte Pearls (Kaisercraft), Ornare Piercing Template, Piercing Tool, Border Punch (Fiskars), Labels I and Curvy Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Detail Clear ep, Dimensional Tape

28 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

These are both gorgeous, Tosh!

Gabriela said...

I just love what you've done with Anna's wildflower designs and sentiments. Your cards are marvelous!

Deborah Anton said...

Wowzer! I love them both Tosh!! Gorgeous cards!! Thanks for the inspiration to spotlight... I forget about that technique! BTW.. I gave you an award on my blog!

dpkennedy said...

Tosh, these are just stunning! They are so elegant! I really love what you did with these beautiful new stamps!

Carol (HB) said...

Oh my, both of these creations are STUNNING! I love how you created the wildflower scene!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

WOW... Gorgeous!! And I love the colors!!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous colors, gorgeous stamps and stamping, love the sewing, and the charm is totally cute...love it all!

Rose Ann said...

They're both so very gorgeous, Tosh!! I really love the colors, sewing and charm on the first...and the pearl accents on the second!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness, Tosh are these GORGEOUS! WOW!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

WOW! My kind of cards. Just Lovely! So warm!

Cheers,

Dorothy

StampOwl said...

totally gorgeous Tosh

Anonymous said...

WOWZER - Tosh!!!! I love silhouette stamps and you've made them look gorgeous!!! Both cards are fab!!! Love the punched border on the second card - a real eye catcher!!!

Anonymous said...

How pretty are these!?! Anna is so talented, as are you! I think my favorite is the top card, but the bottom is equally beautiful!

Lilian said...

It's my first time to browse your blog and your cards are GORGEOUS! Love these 2 cards!! I really want to case it someday. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

Ali Manning said...

Wow - your two samples are fabulous. You really do this stamp set justice - now I NEED it!

Linda Carson said...

Two thumbs up on both cards!! Your artwork is da bomb!! I wish WSD's shipping rates were reasonable. It's brutal on unmounted stamps!

Kim said...

Both of these cards are so beautiful! I love the softness of them. I am very happy to have found your blog, your work is gorgeous!!

Norine said...

they are both very pretty love the colors
hugs
Norine

Denise said...

Tosh, two more gorgeous cards!! I absolutely LOVE the dp in #1!

Anonymous said...

Both are totally gorgeous, so love the colors and lovely stamping in the first, neat technique in the second and love the way you did the border punching!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Thank you so much for featuring my work this week Tosh! It was such an honor! All the CCEE girls made such fabulous cards. It was so fun to see each of their unique takes on the main theme. On your card, I particularly love how those border punched edges extend beyond the main card base and that you mixed two different nestie shapes. I love unexpected things like these. Thank you also for your kind words!

Betty Wright said...

Stunning!!! Great colors and love the spotlighting in the second. Beautiful work as always, Tosh!!!!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful Tosh!! The colors and the DP are stunning!
--Becca

Suzanne J Dean said...

Stunningly GORGEOUS, Tosh--I mean really breathtaking! Love them both and the dp on the first is soooo fabby! Might have to indulge myself with some of these new stamps :o)

hugz,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Tosh, there's no new superlative I can add to the other comments. You are an incredible card designer. Card #2 made my heart sing. That's all I can say.

Amy Sheffer said...

Be still my heart! These are jaw-dropping beautiful! Can I please be like you when I grow up??!!

Jane Wetzel said...

Sooo pretty flowers!! these are simply gorgeous!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Tosh, these are such gorgeous cards!!! The flowers are sooo pretty and I love all your beautiful colors and papers...the scallops along the side and your sewing are just fabulous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs