Wednesday, December 24, 2008

No One LIke You!!

Hi everyone!! It's Christmas Eve day, and I'm looking forward to going to our church's Christmas Eve service and opening presents this evening. But before I have to get everything ready, I wanted to share this card with you.

It's my SIL's birthday today, and since it's usually overlooked due to all the busyness of Christmas, I made sure it had no colors or feel of the season. Thus the summer image with the butterflies. Also, she has 4 boys from the age 8 to 15, so I made this card very girly.

My SIL is very special to me. We were roommates in college and married brothers and our kids are closer than close. It's such a blessing since we both live so far away from our families (midwest). Anyway...about the card. I stamped this precious Picnic's of Daisies (Sarah Kay) image onto Neenah Natural White cs with Tuxedo Black (Memento), and colored it with my copics.

I'm sure others have discovered this before me, but I was really excited when I figured out that the Martha Stewart border punch I used looked like a picket fence when used upside down and with the striped paper!! That's how my layout came to be. I started out trying to do SCS's sketch like I normally do, but I couldn't get the look right. I turned my border panel upside down, and woila!!! The sentiment is from my favorite versatile set called Thinking of You Clear Design (Hero Arts). It has such a variety of fonts and sayings that I find myself turning to it time and time again! *grin*

The charming butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch that I got from my dear friend Laurie. I know I'll be using this punch often. Thanks, my friend!

Finally, I added the gorgeous SU Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon with a blush pearl.

Supplies: Stamps - Picnics of Daisies (Sarah Kay) Thinking of You (Hero Arts) Paper - Tres Jolie (MME), Suede Brown Medium, Desert Coral Light, Island Mist Light, Neenah Natural White Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Old Paper (Ranger) Accessories -Pearls (Kaisercraft), Copics, Nestabilities Labels I, Martha Stewart Border punch, Corner rounder, taffeta ribbon, sponge, dimensional tape

I won't be posting for a couple of days, but I'll have a couple more cards to show this weekend.
I wish all of you a safe, healthy and blessed Merry Christmas!!
Tosh

16 comments:

StampOwl said...

beautiful card Tosh ... wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh, how sweet is that?!?! The butterflies are fantastic!!

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Tosha!!!
(((((HUGS)))))
kimberly

one month 'til CHA!! yay!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Tosh your SIL is going to love this card. It's so feminine and sweet and fun. I adore your butterflies! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Your SIL will just love this!!! What a little sweetie here-- everything else is just perfect with it!

Merry Christmas!!!

Elena said...

How sweet your card is! I love this precious little girl! I am sure your SIL will love it so much! What a wonderful story about your relationship story!
Love the way how you used the border puch !

Amy Johnson said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors/papers, and the butterflies.

Kim said...

Tosh that is beautiful! Those butterflies are darling!
Hugs~ Kim

Jami said...

So sweet...I just love how she's looking at the butterflies!!
hugs, Jami

Conniecrafter said...

very cute image, love the butterflies and I have that border punch but didn't realize that either how cool is that!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how stinkin' CUTE, Tosh! Adorable!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute, Tosh!!! Your coloring is gorgeous, as always, and I love those precious little butterflies!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! This is a perfect sister birthday card! I have that punch and never thought of using it to suggest a fence. What a happy discovery!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Tosh, this is fantastic. Your coloring is awesome. Love all the neat detailing. Those butterflies are to die for! Gotta find that punch!

Cindy Lawrence said...

You are hitting it OUT OF THE PARK with these Sarah Kay images, Tosh!!!! I LOVE the colors and fabulous details on this card! Gorgeous!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, and I bet your special SIL loved it as well!! I love your "fence" and pretty butterflies as well!!

Silke Ledlow said...

I missed this one too...wonder why I haven't gotten any of your updates thru Feedblitz???? Well - I'm glad I stopped by...!!!

Love this card - you really rock the SK Stamps!!!

Happy New Year!!! Hugs ~S~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs