Friday, November 16, 2018

Through the Woods ~ Power Poppy



Isn't this little tree in a bucket just adorable?  It's from one of Power Poppy's newest Christmas sets called Through the Woods.  I kind of did a "no-line" coloring technique.  Now, it's not totally no-line because I used too dark of a gray to stamp the image.  Thus the gray outlined birds, stars and white ornaments.  It worked for the bucket and tree though.  Below is a close up so you can see how I added White Nuvo Crystal Drops with some Cool Highlights Transparent Microfine glitter (Glitter Ritz) for some dimension.  I hope you can see the sparkle.


By sharing this ultimate close-up, you can also see my marker flicks on the branches, and where I missed some.  Man, I wish my eyes could see this close up while coloring.  Because the image is only about 4" high, I was doing a lot of guess work while coloring the tree. I even used a magnifier to make sure I got the black lines added correctly, on the bucket, with a multi-liner.

Anyway, that's it for today's project.  Be sure to stop by the following Bloom Brigade blogs for some more inspiration:

Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan


I hope your weekend is off to a great start!!

Happy Stamping!

____________________________________________________

StampsThrough the Woods (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Bazzill
Ink:  Gray Flannel (Memento), Whisper White (SU!)
Dies:  Scored and Pierced Rectangles, Fancy Edged Ovals and Scored and Pierced Ovals (Spellbinders), Stitched Fishtail Flag (Die-namics) 
CopicsTree ~ YG97, YG95, YG93, E49, E47, E44, E42 Bucket ~ R29, C9, C4, C2, C0 Hearts ~ R29, C2, C0 Birds ~ BG45, C0 Stars ~ Y17, Y15, Y13
Accessories: Gloss White Crystal Drops  (Nuvo), Holly Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Cool Highlight Transparent Microfine Glitter (Glitter Ritz), White EP (Ranger), Dimensional Tape

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Tosh, what a gorgeous card! The colors and your coloring really POP against all the wonderful "snowy" white! Beautifully done, and I really love those sweet little birds!! Hugs and love...and wishes for a blessed Thanksgiving! So thankful for you, sweet Tosh! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs