Friday, October 5, 2018

Fortunes of Fall Pumpkins ~ Power Poppy


Hello everyone!!!  Happy Friday!!!  I am currently hanging out in Atlanta with my fellow Bloomie Katie Sims, who is someone I am greatly thankful for.  She is a gem through and through.  Tomorrow, we are flying up to New Hampshire to meet up with another fellow Bloomie, Cindy Lawrence, to spend a few days.  Am I blessed or what.  She is another true blue person.  Actually, the entire crew of Power Poppy is some of the most delightful, kindhearted, genuine women I know, and I am beyond thankful to be a part of the PP team with all of them.

So, with that little intro, let me tell you about this month's Power and Spark challenge over on the Power Poppy blog.  I am hosting it, and calling it "It's your birthday!"  I'm challenging you to be inspired by the month you were born in.  There could be a holiday that occurs in your month, a specific season, an event that you enjoy, your birthstone color, your wedding, a birth, whatever you can think of that is inspired by your birth month.

I was born Nov. 20, so my birthday can fall pretty close to Thanksgiving.  It never lands on the day, but can get within 2 days.  I also LOVE...(maybe a bit obsessively) pumpkins.  I have felt pumpkins, velvet pumpkins, metal pumpkins, glass pumpkins, ceramic ones, itty bitty ones, LARGE ones (I actually have a turquoise/gold glass one that is 16"W x 10"H. yep...).  So, of course, this image, from the Fortunes of Fall set, appealed to me greatly!!

I embossed the image, with silver ep, onto watercolor paper, and colored the pumpkins like some of my velvet ones, using Zig Clean Color Real Brushes.  They are deep and rich in color, and are some of my favorites.  The sentiment was also embossed with silver ep.




 

That's it for my project.  Be sure to stop by the Power Poppy blog for all the details on how you can participate and win a $50 shopping spree!!  You'll also be able to get the links to the other Bloom Brigade members who have projects to share with you today.

Thanks for visiting!!  I hope your weekend is filled with many happy, delightful moments.  I'm hoping to see some Fall foliage on the East coast.  Fingers crossed!!!

  Happy Stamping!!

______________________________________________

StampsFortunes of Fall (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Montval Cold Press Watercolor (Canon), Amber Moon (Prima), Bazzill
Ink:  Versamark, Hickory Smoke Distress Ink (Ranger)
Dies:  Scored and Pierced Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Zig Clean Color Real Brushes, Silver EP (Ranger), Champagne Gold Acrylic Paint (Dazzling Metallics Deco Art), Metallique Silver Spoon Acrylic Paint (Prima), Oyster White Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint (Delta Creative) 

2 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

Simply beautiful.

CherylQuilts said...

Eek! You, Katie, and Cindy together??? What fun to spend time with each other...would LOVE to see you all together. You are all so very dear! I love your beautifully rich card with this wonderful image that I've used recently. It's so sweet and just "begs" to be colored. Love how you've made it almost feel like velvet. Love the muted color and the wonderful DP and layout! Stunning card, sweet friend! So thankful for you and for all the wonderful Power Poppy gals. You are dearly loved! Hugs! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs