Saturday, September 15, 2018

Cabbage and Kale ~ Power Poppy


Okay my creative friends!!  The day has finally arrived!!!  All the Power Poppy Natural Wonders stamp sets are available over in the Power Poppy store!!  Do you have a favorite?  A must have?  Shoot...I could never choose because each and every one Marcella designs seems to fit a specific purpose at one time or another.  


https://powerpoppy.com/products/cabbage-and-kale
Today we are featuring the Cabbage and Kale set.  There are 4 varieties of cabbage/kale in this set and they are all so intricately designed.  While researching the varieties on Pinterest, I noticed that many have white veining running through their leaves.  And since I had so much fun coloring the Chrysanthemum XL with my Zig Clean Color Real Brushes, I thought I'd give one of the ornamental Kales a go at this technique.

I decided I liked the image all on its own and framed it accordingly while adding another of the ornamental kales to the inside with a sentiment.

Below you can see all of Marcy's precise details.  I don't know how she does it, but I'm glad she does.



For the inside, I just took one of the smaller images, placed it in my Misti and lined it up where I wanted it.  I then inked it up with Crushed Olive Distress Oxide (Ranger), spritzed it 3x with my Distress Sprayer (Ranger), and stamped it onto the watercolor paper.  I heat-set it with my heat tool and stamped the sentiment over the top.


That is it for me for this release.  I hope you've been inspired.  I know I've enjoyed seeing what all the Bloom Brigaders have come up with.  Check out the following blogs if you haven't already:

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Kathy Jones
Marcella Hawley
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker---you are here


I hope you've enjoyed all the Power Poppy Natural Wonders previews this week.  I sure have had a delightful time working with them and sharing them with y'all!!

Have a great rest of your weekend!!
  Happy Stamping!!

_____________________________________________

StampsCabbage and Kale (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Montval Cold Press Watercolor (Canson)
Ink:  Versamark, Crushed Olive Distress Oxide (Ranger), Black Onyx (Versafine)
Dies:  Standard Squares and Fancy Edged Squares (Spellbinders)
Zig Clean Color Real Brush MarkersOuter Petals ~ 043-Olive Green, 092-Blue Gray Middle Petals ~ 043-Olive Green Inside Petals ~ 051-Lemon Yellow, 080-Violet
Accessories: Alabaster Ultra Fine Embossing Powder (Brutus Monroe), Distress Sprayer, Misti

13 comments:

gabriella said...

I love the soft look, very elegant

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love the soft colors you used! Such a CAS perfection card

CherylQuilts said...

Tosh, what a gorgeous card! I love the single large image watercolored on the outside. It's beautifully intricate, and the watercoloring brings out all the fine details Marcy draws. She is amazing! I love the white elegance, and what a wonderful way to finish the card inside. I love it, sweet friend! Thanks for an amazing week of inspiration! You have all delighted us, and Marcy has done it again! Hugs and love! xoxo

Lagene said...

WOW this is awesome! I love the white veins and love seeing the stamping on the inside! I love curly kale for salads and the decorative variety of kale and cabbage is beautiful to see!

Denise Bryant said...

Looks fabulous embossed in white! Awesome coloring!

Camille Short said...

Love this design - fabulous card. I have sometimes thought to leave the lines out - and thought people would think I'm nuts. But it certainly works here!

Stacy Morgan said...

THUD!!! Tosh... this is AWESOME!!! Oh my word I love what you did with this image. Very soft and beautiful!!

tinyfeet said...

Your card has such a soft, pretty feel. Thanks for sharing.

Valerija said...

A fabulous card, lovely image and great design.

Helen said...

Tosh, this cabbage design is exquisite...a true work of art. tfs

Joanne Williams said...

This is a perfect example of "less is more." Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Mary Holshouser said...

these stamps will get me to liking
my vaggies again. Great coloring
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

SusieScrapper said...

All I can say is WOW!!! Your image is just so gorgeous I can’t find the words to do it justice. Marcella is amazing too, I love her images!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs