Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Happiest Holiday Release Previews ~ Rustic Rejoicing


Howdy friends!!  Welcome to day 2 of our Power Poppy Happiest Holiday Release Previews!!  Now that was a "mouthful".  ;)  I would like to start by saying...Minc'd images are BUGGERS to photograph!!!  Seriously!!  So, if you could, please use your imagination a bit when looking at the photos...

http://powerpoppy.com/collections/happiest-holiday-collection/products/rustic-rejoicing
Today the Power Poppy Bloom Brigade is featuring the new set Rustic Rejoicing.  I have quite a pinecone collection.  Some really, REALLY large ones in fact.  I display them in a rather ginormous antique bowl that I leave out year round.  I just can't bear to put them away.  So, when I saw this image, I was delighted to say the least.  
I decided to try something new to me.  I have a Minc Machine that I've used often with Marcella's images, but I had never colored the image before Minc'ing it.  I never dreamed Copics would work with Toner ink.  But after seeing Power Poppy Instant Gardener Elizabeth Zaffarano's Instagram post (saffronkingfisher) on coloring an image and Minc'ing over it, I knew I had to try it. She showed it off so beautifully!!!

Showing the depth of color without the shine was quite a challenge, so I will try and post a little video on Instagram today so it's easier to see. ( tosh.l )

The image was colored with Copics, and Minc'd with Champagne Foil. 
  


That's it for me today, y'all.  I hope you've been enjoying all the previews so far.  There is so much more to see, and it's so exciting!!  

Check out the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker---you are here

Thanks for visiting!!
  Happy Stamping!

___________________________________________________________

StampsRustic Rejoicing (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Mirror Gold
Ink:  Toner
Dies:  Stitched Fishtails (Elizabeth Craft Designs), Stitched Fishtail Flag (Die-namics)
Accessories:  Copics, Minc Machine, Champagne Minc Foil,  Twiggy Christmas Embossing Folder (Couture Creations)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

So pretty and sparkly! Very elegant looking card, great job!

Tinstar said...

Goodness that gold embossing just makes this card pop.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Tosh, this is gorgeous, and I know it's far prettier IRL than on a post like this. I did see it last night on Instagram, and it was fabulous the way you showed it! I love the elegant layout with the thin black matting and the fishtail banners. Stunning! Hugs and love! xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Very elegant looking with all the white and gold! Such a beautiful card!

Stacy Morgan said...

So very cool Tosh! Oh I like that gold... very classy feel. Beautiful coloring to match.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is a very luxurious card !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs