Monday, October 17, 2016

Action Santa ~ Power Poppy's Happiest Holiday Collection




http://powerpoppy.com/products/action-santaI'm back to share another Power Poppy card that I made for this week's sneak peaks.  We're featuring a set called Action Santa, and, in my opinion, it's one of the most unique, fun, and adorable Santa sets out there!  A definite must have for sure!!  

I chose to color up the Scooter Santa, because, first of all, I adore that scooter, and secondly, we actually have a blue scooter.  It's more baby blue, but shoot, I'm a turquoise freak, so I had to lean more in that direction.  Doesn't Santa look jollier than ever? 

Since this month's Power and Spark challenge is to "Make it Move", I thought it would be fun to make another shaker card in the form of a Twisted Circle Easel card.  When folded, it lays flat, and when you open it up, it twists and stands on the base.

This set also includes 3 little snowflakes, and little collage of flakes that I used for the frame.

I added one of the little sentiments to the banner on top, and one on the inside as well.



Now, a little word to the wise...it is not smart to decide to emboss after adding velvet ribbon to your card.  Stamping, as well as adding the powder is a challenge.  Since my card was already glued together when I decided to add the sentiment, there wasn't anything I could do to fix the "splotchiness" of the embossing.  It has nothing to do with the stamp itself...these babies work beautifully.  It was the operator of said stamp that messed up....anyway...the sentiment says "Sending a flurry of festive tidings".  Isn't that charming?

CopicsSanta ~ R39, R37, R35, R32, E02, E01, E000, T6, T4, T2, T0, Y17, Y15 Scooter BG07, BG05, BG02, BG01, B0000, T8, T6, T4, T2, T0, Y17, Y15, Y13 Tree ~ YG99, YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91 Package ~ E44, E42, E40, R39, R37, 35, R32

That's it for today y'all!!  I hope you are enjoying our Power Poppy Release Sneak Peeks.  I think Marcy has outdone herself once again.  I love the way her creative brain operates!!

If you haven't already, you'll want to stop by the following Bloom Brigade Blogs for some more inspiration!
    Thanks for dropping by and for all your sweet, generous comments.  I love coloring and making cards and feel so blessed to be able to do this to my hearts content.  So when you kind souls use your precious time to leave a kind comment, it warms my heart. 
    I hope you have a fabulous day, and be sure to stop by tomorrow for a peek at yet another lovely Power Poppy set!
      Happy Stamping!
__________________________________________________________________________ 

StampsAction Santa (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Hello Winter (Echo Park), Kraft (PTI), Acetate
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Whisper White (SU!)
Dies:  Circles and Snoflake Borderabilities (Spellbinders), Double Stitched Circles (the ton - Couture cuts), Tattered Banners (Tim Holtz)
Accessories:  Copics, White Enamel Accents (Ranger), Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Foam, Velvet Ribbon (May Arts), Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder (Ranger)

15 comments:

Lisa K said...

Love the turquoise scooter! I have never seen an easel shaker card. Thanks for showing such a neat card.

Unknown said...

I also adore Teal, perfect choice! LOVE that you made this a Shaker card and a round Easel card, I want to make one now too, thanks for the link! This is just a fantastic fabulous card! Perfect in everyway! TFS!!!

Davi said...

Shaker and twisted easel, what a awesome card you created!! Perfect for the fun image and perfect dp to go with him too!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, how absolutely adorable! He has me chuckling at each card...with his chubby, smiling face as he whooshes down the hill! Hehe! Beautifully done and colored, and what a great card idea...and I love that it's a shaker card. I've never made one, but I really need to do it this year...after all, Ally has challenged us to make it move. Beautiful card, my friend, and I can hardly wait to see more!! Hugs! xoxo

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome shaker card with great details! Love it!

Evelyn vasquez said...

Very lovely and unique.

Allison Cope said...

Good golly it's a stunning Tosh! I am in love with the white on kraft - jaw droppingly gorgeous! Love your take on this month's challenge <3

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! The colors on this are stunning!! I LOVE the shaker and the fun easel design!!

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific coloring, love that you made it a shaker and easel card, It would make a great ornament too!

Lisa Lara said...

WOW Tosha, I just love this shaker.

ChristineCreations said...

What an awesome use of the twisty easel! Such sparkly fun, so many wonderful layers and colours too!

nancy dempsey said...

Love your color choices and that sweet snowflake frame. Love it!

McStamper said...

What a fantastic shaker card. Love the colors and banner.

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh what fun this set is. I am liking them all! This twist/shaker is awesome! Very clever girl and way to go! woot woot!!!

Von Marie said...

Love, love, love!!! Super cute card, and definitely unique.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs