Friday, March 6, 2015

Go for the Gold! ~ Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge

I have the distinct honor of hosting the Power and Spark Challenge over at Power Poppy today, and I'm going for the GOLD!!! 

My husband's birthday just happens to be March 17, which is St. Patrick's Day in the United States. So, even though he doesn't have a lick of Irish in him, I can't help thinking about Shamrocks, Leprechauns and rainbows, as is tradition here for representing that date. However, this year I'm thinking more about what's at the end of the rainbow y'all: the pot of gold...I mean...that's what we're all really after right? My husband and I have been married for 25+ years now, and I truly feel I struck gold when I married him. 
 

http://powerpoppy.com/
So, as you may have already figured out, I want you to make a project using something gold. It could be paper, sequins, embossing, rhinestones, etc. There just has to be gold somewhere. For all the rules on how you can participate, just click HERE

Now about my card.  Don't worry, this isn't the card I'm giving my husband for his birthday...*grin*...he would not be impressed with all the gold I used.  I stamped the tulips, from the Dynamic Duos: Peonies and Tulips set, with Golden Glitz Delicata ink onto Watercolor paper and embossed them with Gold Embossing Powder.  Then I watercolored them with Tombow markers.  I edged the borders with a Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon), and added a few sequins (PrettyPinkPosh), some organdy ribbon, and a sweet little coordinating button.  That's it...easy peasy.


 Since today's challenge was inspired by my husband's birthday, I thought I'd share a (not so recent) picture of us on our Dairy.  



It was taken about a year ago, by our dear friends Bubba and Pat Smethers, in the center of the milking carousel in our milk barn.  You can see a few curious cows above and behind us.  This is us most days.  My hair is quite a bit shorter than it is today, but we're not all gussied up.   If I'm not going anywhere, or expecting important company (like the Smethers') you'll find me in T-shirts with no makeup.  Poor Ed.  Good thing as we get older, our vision is the first to go.  *grin*

That sums up my project and the inspiration behind this month's challenge.  I hope I've inspired you to go for the gold too!

Here are the links to the Bloom Brigaders with inspiration to share with you today:
   Happy Stamping!
_______________________________________________________________

StampsDynamic Duos: Peonies and Tulips (Power Poppy)
Paper:  On Trend (My Mind's Eye), White (PTI)
Ink:  Goden Glitz (Delicata)
Dies:  Labels 28 and Decorative Labels 28 (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Tombow Markers, Gold Embossing Powder (Ranger), Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon), Organdy Ribbon, Button (Haberdashery) 

13 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh, Tosh, this is GORGEOUS, gf!!! Your watercolored, gold-embossed tulips are outstanding! This is what I'd call "wedding worthy", my friend...incredible! Thanks for such a wonderful challenge this month! Love you! XO

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS card! Happy Birthday to your Hubby! Oh you're just a natural girl and that's a good thing! Thanks for the lovely Challenge!

Stacy Morgan said...

I saw this picture after it was taken, Pat showed me. :-) Happy Birthday to Mr. L! Your gold tulips are gorgeous... love the frame and the sequins additions. Gorgeous Tosh!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, hostess with the mostess...you did a gorgeous job with the gold!I just love that background paper, the framing the beautiful coloiring...it’s so lovely! And you and your sweet hubby :) such a great shot. I’m a no-make-up, t-shirt and jeans girl when I’m at home too!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosha, first of all, I LOVE the photo of you and your sweet Ed! And congratulations on God's blessing of 25 years of marriage! I love the challenge and your description...and your card is GORGEOUS! I love the gold with the soft colors and stunning dies, sequins, and ribbon and button! So beautiful and truly wedding worthy, as Cindy said above. What a fun blog hop today with such amazing cards from the Bloom Brigade! I'm never disappointed!! Warm hugs and thanks again!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely touches of gold and pretty coloring!!

Shelly said...

Beautiful card! And what a sweet pic!

Davi said...

Love all the gold, especially the embossed tulips and soft coloring of them~ A beautiful elegant card!
HB to your hubby, sweet pic of you two :)

irishgreensue said...

TOSHA - A BEAUTIFUL ELEGANT CARD - love all the gold in your layers as well as the great coloring - LOL, I am familiar with your collection of markers!!

This is a great picture of you and Ed - The both of you look very happy - and YOUNG! Can't believe you have been married 25+ years!! God bless you both! I remember my trip out to visit you and the dairy farm. You both look FABULOUS (and that is not just the photographer, but Pat IS good at taking pictures - anywhere) Thanks for the great card and picture of you that you shared - lots of happy memories there!

Leslie Miller said...

Such a bright, pretty gold you used, Tosh! In fact, your card is just bright and pretty all over! Beautiful design, and love your water colored tulips. Happy upcoming birthday to the Mister. Super cute photo of the two of you with your curious cows. I was thinking you look mighty spiffy for dairy farm attire, and here I am...don't even want to tell you what I look like, tee hee. Thinking I need to step things up a bit, but thank goodness for your clarification so I can relax! Seriously, you're a cute couple and Ed looks like as nice a guy as you are a lady. Thanks for a great challenge, Tosh!

Grace said...

Oooh what a beautiful card Tosh! I love the gold touches on your card and the gorgeous watercoloring! Loved seeing your photo too! HB to Ed! I can't think of a better life than the farm life! You both look great and so happy! Thanks for a great challenge!
hugs,
Grace

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous gold creation Tosha!

Katie Sims said...

I am so sorry Tosh....I thought I had already commented on this beauty, but I guess it got past me! For starters....you know this challenge was right up my alley, for sure....so thanks bunches for that!! Secondly, I absolutely adore this image embossed in gold! What a beauty with your subtle shading and layers of glorious die cut, gold edged perfection.....this is a show stopper! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs