Hello happy crafters! It's Friday and this week we have a brand new "feature" here on the Power Poppy Hot Spot i.e. the blog! This is not only a day when the Bloom Brigade will show you some of their latest creations, it's a day when we ask YOU to show us your stuff! That's right -- we want to see YOUR creations!
HERE'S HOW TO PLAY: All you need to do is use the linky, at the bottom of the challenge post, on the Power Poppy Blog and share a new Power Poppy creation. Just that simple! It can be anything -- a card, an altered item, a 3D creation, a set of cards, ANYTHING!
- Use Power Poppy Stamps on your creation!
- Link up your creation using the Linky on the Power Poppy Blog
- Mention the Peep of the Week challenge in your blog or gallery post with a link back to this blog post
- We'll accept entries up until Thursday @3PM EST and will announce the Power Peeps of the Week next Friday for our Peep of the Week post.
- Peeps of the Week Winners will have their creations posted in a special gallery on the Power Poppy Pinterest Boards!
- All players from the 13th, 20th and 27th will have their names thrown into a hat and the winner will get to pick a FREE STAMP SET OF THEIR CHOICE! Woo hoo!
Now, a quick description of my card. I decided to stamp the Lavender sprigs onto vellum and color them with Copics. Now, they don't blend well on vellum, and you have to heat set the ink (Tuxedo Black, Memento) before coloring. So be conservative with the coloring. You also have to use much darker colors in order for them to show on the vellum. I like the soft overall look though. I stamped the sentiment "Thanks Bunches", with Smokey Gray Versafine ink, directly onto the decorative paper.
Copics: BV13, BV08, G96, G85
Need a little inspiration to get those creative juices flowing? Be sure to stop on by and see what these lovely ladies on our Bloom Brigade created this week!
- Allison Cope
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Danielle Kennedy
- Dawn Burnworth
- Julie Koerber
- Katie Sims
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
Doesn't this sound like fun!!! I hope you'll join in! We'd love to see what you do with these gorgeous images!!
Stamps: Lavender (Power Poppy)
Paper: Vellum, Record It! (MME), Kraft and Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Copics, Elegant Ovals dies (Spellbinders), Pearls (Kaisercraft), Wrinkled Ribbon, Button (PTI), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape