Today we're back with snowy slopes, country crisp temperatures, and a cozy house waiting for Christmas decorating. This set, Country Time Christmas, illustrated by Lauren Pope will have you heading for the hills in search of the perfect tree. This earthy and scenic image is paired with five different sentiments and a flurry of snowflakes swirling in the winter sky. Set measures 4" by 6".
I love...seriously LOVE this scene from Country Time Christmas! It just warms my heart, and is so beautiful and fun to color. I wanted a true blue sky (it's actually richer in color than the photo shows), with some snowy slopes, so I cut myself a hilly mask, and sponged the Tumbled Glass Ranger Distress Ink to the top for the sky, and lighter along the bottom to make snowy hills. I then stamped the image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, and colored it with Copic Markers. After diecutting it with a Square die (Spellbinders), I inked all the edges with Brushed Corduroy Ranger Distress Ink. I sponged on some Cloud White (VersaMagic) ink around the Grommet Tags die (Spellbinders), inked the sentiment with Versamark, and embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I used my white Sharpie to add some snow to the trees again too.
The Design Team created some wonderful country Christmas designs to show off to you in our Blog Hop today. Don’t forget to look for: Hidden among the Design Team’s blogs today is our Mystery Blogger of the day. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen to win today’s set! The more you comment, the better your chances of winning.
- Allison Cope
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
DO YOU WANT TO WIN OUR ENTIRE RELEASE?If you would like a chance at winning all five of our soon-to-be released September sets…
- You can play in our Get in Shape Challenge – we will have multiple winners there! Deadline for entries is FRIDAY September 13th at 5 PM EST. Check out the link for the official rules!
- Play along in our Timeless Tuesday Challenge Make a Good Impression, you can win our entire new release in this challenge as well! See link for rules.
- All five of our September sets can be pre-ordered now, even before you see them all! Take advantage our New Release Bundle and get 10% off when you purchase all five sets together in a bundle. This discount will be available for only 1 week following the release.
- All sets will be live first thing Friday morning along with the coordinating cut files for this release.
- Come back to the Flourishes Blog Saturday for the Winner’s Circle where we’ll announce all of our winners of this weeks’ challenges!
Stamps: Country Time Christmas (Flourishe)
Paper: French Kiss (Glitz), Kraft (Flourishes)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Brushed Corduroy and Tumbled Glass (Ranger Distress Ink), Versamark
Accessories: Copics, White Sharpie, Square die (Spellbinders), Jute Ribbon, Red Twine, Wood Heart Button (Prima), Brads, Corner Rounder Punch, Distrezz-it-All (Zutter)