Welcome to Day 2 of our fabulous September release week! Today both of our Friends of Flourishes Team and our Design Team will be showcasing a wonderful new stamp set created by our beloved artist Marcella Hawley. Marcella has packed this beautiful 4x6 stamp set called "Holiday Topiaries" with an array of beautiful holiday decorated greenery and 3 seasonal sentiments to match their holiday vibe. This sweet holiday stamp set will surely make an appearance on your homemade cards, handmade gifts, tags and more this season!
"Make a Good Impression" - Incorporate dry embossing somewhere on your card or project. It could be an embossing folder, stencils, or even a household item for your embossing....just make sure you "Make a Good Impression"! (FTTC237)
I love the partridge, in this set, (I guess it could be a dove too) and the pinecones in that adorable weaved container. So I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored it with a variety of colors from the Flourishes Copic Collections. The white lines in the feathers, of the partridge, were made using a white Sharpie pen, and then colored over with E31 to soften them. I aged the circle panel by sponging Antique Linen Ranger Distress Ink around the border while the paper was still in the circle die.
For texture, I embossed the poinsettia, that I made using the Poinsettia Spellbinders die, and my framing is embossed. I also embossed the back panel with a holly bg using a Sizzix embossing folder.
Here's the inside. Short, Sweet and to the point. I just love this sweet little boxed tree and wanted to include it on this card too. :)
- Allison Cope
- Broni Holcombe
- Cheryl Lea
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Deborah Anton
- Heather Jensen
- Jenny Gropp
- Julie Koerber
- Katie Sims
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
- Kathy Roney, our September guest designer
Here are the links to the Copic Collection sets I used: I only used the YR00 from the Burnt Orange Collection, YR02 from the Gerber Collection, E31 and E33 from the Flesh Tones 1 and Y38 from the Sunflower Collection. I also didn't use the 100 from the Warm Neutrals.
DO YOU WANT TO WIN OUR ENTIRE RELEASE?If you would like a chance at winning all five of our soon-to-be released September sets…
- You can play in our Get in Shape Challenge – we will have multiple winners there! Deadline for entries is FRIDAY September 13th at 5 PM EST. Check out the link for the official rules!
- All five of our September sets can be pre-ordered now, even before you see them all! Take advantage our New Release Bundle and get 10% off when you purchase all five sets together in a bundle. This discount will be available for only 1 week following the release.
- All sets will be live first thing Friday morning along with the coordinating cut files for this release.
- Come back to the Flourishes Blog Saturday for the Winner’s Circle where we’ll announce all of our winners of this weeks’ challenges!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and for the encouraging comments. They are a blessing!
Stamps: Holiday Topiaries (Flourishes)
Paper: Vintage Christmas (MME), Core'dinations, Classic Ivory (Flourishes), Cryogen White
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Green Hills (Hero Arts Shadow Ink Mid-Tone), Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Copics, Layered Poinsettia, A-2 Fancy Ribbon Threader, Square and Circle dies (Spellbinders), Holly Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Rhinestones (Pizzaz Aplenty), Seam Binding Ribbon (Prairie Bird Boutique)