Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Waltzingmouse Easter Card and Camping photos


Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.  We took a small vacation and went camping for a few days.  I have a few pictures to share after my Easter card.
Waltzingmouse has a fabulously versatile set called A Good Egg.  It's handy for Easter, but not limited to it.  In fact, I have a project that I will be sharing April 1 using this set in a different way.  But for today, it's all about Easter.  

First of all, I stamped the eggs and their decorations with the following VersaMagic inks:  Pink Petunia, Spring Pansy, Thatched Straw and Aspen Mist.

I diecut the oval shape (Floral Ovals and Standard Ovals dies ~ Spellbinders), and layered it over an embossed panel using one of the new Spellbinders M-Bossabilities called Basket Weave.  I first inked it with Latte pigment ink (amuse), and ran it through my embossing machine.

Lastly, I used an Ice White Pearl Pen and glitter to add some sparkly pearls to the Oval border, as well as to the Resplendent Rectangle diecut background pieces, and a Sparkly diecut Exotic Small Butterfly (Cheery Lynn Designs).

Oh, I also added a small little grassy border inside the oval frame using a Fiskars Grass Border Punch.

That's it for my Easter card, now let me share a few fun photos.




This is Lake Lopez in Arroyo Grande California.  It's a beautiful campground filled with an abundant array of wildlife:  Woodpeckers, Deer, Wild Turkey, Quail, Racoons, Egrets, Herons, and an occasional skunk.



The woodpeckers make holes in the surrounding trees and stuff acorns in them for the winter.  They're quite entertaining to watch.



There is also an abundance of wildflowers in the spring.  Here's a picture of a Southern Shooting Star.  I have to apologize for the lack of clarity.  I didn't have my tripod with me, and my hands aren't as steady as they used to be.  But you can see the beauty and uniqueness of this elegant flower.



 We visited a local Ostrich and Emu feeding farm too.  They're all characters and fun to watch.  They all have quite the large attitudes and are actually hard to photograph because they're always moving and walking in front of each other.  The first picture is of a male ostrich.

 

Here's a headshot of an Emu.  He doesn't look very trustworthy to me... (grin).
I had a bunch of full shots, but like I mentioned, they were all jockeying for positions, so I wasn't happy with the photos.

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you've enjoyed my Easter card, as well as a few of my favorite camping photos.

Happy Stamping!

 _________________________________________________________

Stamps:  A Good Egg (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper:  Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink:  Pink Petunia, Spring Pansy, Thatched Straw and Aspen Mist (VersaMagic), Latte (a muse)
Accessories:  Floral Ovals, Standard Ovals, Resplendent Rectangles dies (Spellbinders), Exotic Small Butterfly die (Cheery Lynn Designs), Basket Weave M~Bossabilities (Spellbinders), Seam Binding Ribbon, Button (PTI), Rhinestone (Pizzazz Aplenty), Quickie Glue Pen, Crystal Glitter (SU!), Ice White Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Grass Border Punch (Fiskars)

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,Love your photos...

Miranda said...

OMGoodness your card is Amazing! Your pics are great too!
Miranda :)
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Marisa said...

Loving all that cream on cream - makes the eggs pop :) Great shots too. Love the acorns in the tree by the woodpecker and the ostrich and emu pics are great - they are such unique birds :)

Donna Ellis said...

An untrustworthy emu? Really, Tosh? LOL Thanks for sharing the remarkable photos from your recent camping trip. There was this one little elm tree in our Tampa front yard which was a favorite for woodpeckers to store their food. For a long time, we thought it was infested LOL until we saw the woodpeckers. So glad we did not chop it down prematurely. Your Easter Card is so elegant and pretty! Love those textures and tiny pearls - very pretty softness. Happy Easter, Tosh! hugs, de

scrappingnana said...

Your Easter card is gorgeous.
Great photos also.

Conniecrafter said...

Awww camping, that sounds like so much fun, but with the cold temps and snow still on the ground here it is hard to imagine.
such a pretty card, I just love the basket weave behind the eggs, perfect touch!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Your photos are wonderful but that tag definitely takes the cake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs