Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Chickadee Christmas

If you're a regular visitor to my blog, you'll know that I'm a huge Northwoods fan!! So when I saw this Chickadee Holiday stamp at Michelle's Store, Stamper's Dream, well....I had to have it! I love the family feel of it with the baby bird tucked in the warm house and the mother and father close by.

I stamped the image with Black Onyx Versafine onto watercolor paper, and colored it with watercolor pencils and the Stampin' Up blending pen.

I LOVE the dp I used for this. It's from the Frost Collection by Memory Box. There are gorgeous distressed papers in greens and blues! Perfect for holiday images!!

For the snow, I just painted on Liquid Applique with a paint brush and sprinkled a bit of Crystal Glitter to add a touch of sparkle.

The front bird is popped up, and all the edges are ink distressed with Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress Ink). To finish it up, I pierced along each side with an ornare piercing template, added some Dew Drops and Pewter Pearls (Kaisercraft), and a touch of glitter to the berries and holly leaves.

I hope your week is off to a great start!!
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Chickadee Holiday (Northwoods)
Paper - Frost (Memory Box), Birchtone Light and Dark (Prismatics), Watercolor
Ink - Black Onyx Versafine
Accessories - Watercolor pencils, Dew Drops, Blending Pen, Pearls, sponge, glitter, Liquid Applique, dimensional tape, piercing tool and template


Check this out!!
Michelle has added a new stamp line to her store...Whiff of Joy!! These images are precious!! If you like to color as much as I do, you won't want to miss these. Head over there and see what she has. She also is having a sale on all her Halloween images and supplies, and has a variety of JustRite products.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

THIS IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! Was I clear? LOL!

Denise Marzec said...

Love this image...and I *knew* I should have ordered the Frost paper. I looked at it, think I even had it in my cart...shoulda shoulda!!

Awesome card, girlie!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is the ultimate! Love your wonderful watercoloring of the gorgeous image. Beautiful card!

StampOwl said...

beautiful Tosh ... and you are gonna love those Whiff of Joy stamps.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely striking!! My Word, I love every single detail!
--Becca

Linda Carson said...

WOW! You MUST send this beauty to someone who truly appreciates a handmade piece of artwork! My address is 3205......!

Cindy Haffner said...

Stunning Tosh, I love the texture.

Mothermark said...

What a beautiful card Tosh! Love your coloring and how perfect to put a little hint of snow on the birdhouse! Very nicely done!

BPB said...

Wow!!!!!

Amazing card!!!!!!!!!!!

Salute !!!!!!!!!

Jami said...

absolutely positively gorgeous!!! I love the soft coloring and all the magnificent details!!!
hugs, Jami

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Tosh, this is just gorgeous! Oh my!

Anonymous said...

This is a beauty! You did a great job coloring and adding the perfect embellishments.

Anonymous said...

Breathtakingly beautiful -- that's what this card is. It looks like it belongs in a frame.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my goodness! That is just breathtaking!! Gorgeous and so elegant!!!

Anonymous said...

Beauti-mous Maximus! Oh my! Just stunning! TFS

Teresa Brooks said...

Beautifl cards...always enjoy visiting your blog.

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love the sparkle and those sweet little chickadees!

Julia Aston said...

This is wonderfully colored Tosh - and I love the popped up chicadee -love the color of the DP bg.

Rose Ann said...

This is stunning, Tosh!! Your coloring is so perfect, and I love the pretty papers, piercing, LA, Dew Drops....I could go on and on.

(I am soooo sad to hear Laurie's news. Please let me know if there is something I can do).

Anonymous said...

Sooooo gorgeous!!! Perfect for the holidays!!!

Shirley said...

Tosh, every time I see your beautiful art I keep saying to myself, 'you need to be doing your edges like she does. That's is only part of what makes your cards beautiful!! Gorgeous. I love the snow and the dimensional bird too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs