Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just Beachy!!

When Michelle (Stamper's Dream owner) got these new Impression Obsession Images...Oh, my...I fell in love!! They're whimsical (not usually my style), but oh so fun and cheery and....round!! I loved their shape. So of course I just had to have them. This is my first card with one of the images that I now have. It's called Beach Day. I'll have a few more to show you in the near future.

In the photo, it looks like the bg is blue, but it's actually an eggplant color. I so need to get a photography tent....soon, very soon!

The image is colored with copics and the sun, umbrellas and sandpail are lifted with Scotch Mounting Tape. Here's a close up so you can see the dimension and the touch of sparkle

that I added with my Quickie Glue Pen
and Crystal Snow (Stampendous). I love the depth and hint of sparkle that Paper Tole and glitter can give to a project!!

Supplies: Stamps - Beach Day (Impression Obsession) Paper - Bazzill, White (Papertrey) Ink - Black Soot Distress Ink (Ranger) Accessories - Copics, Quickie Glue Pen, Crystal Snow, Nestabilities, Scotch Mounting Tape, Sparkle Brads (Making Memories)

12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Tosh I love this, awesome job, love all the cutouts, makes it pop.

Anonymous said...

Tosh, this is absolutely beautiful!!! You know, I wasn't too sure about these stamps...but I have to say that now I really, really want them!!!! :-) Your layouts are always so wonderful...and this one is no exception!! Hugs Chica!

Unknown said...

AWESOME! Gorgeous colors, and popping some of the elements give it great dimension. Love your layout, too!

Denise Marzec said...

Love that the image is in rounded, perfect for a circle layout. Love all your detail work on that image with the sparkle and the dimension. Wow!

dpkennedy said...

Gorgeous card! Your colors and dimension are fabulous! I bought a bunch of these stamps myself! I love the round shape too! I better get inkin'!

Laurie in MN said...

great card

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous, Tosh! I LOVE Impression Obsession stamps -- aren't they great? And with you using 'em... doesn't get any better than that!!

Judy Rozema said...

Oh these colors are so vibrant! I love your layout and design!

Anonymous said...

wow, I just found your site and I love it. Your work is beautiful and you put such detail into everything. I'll be back

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

AAAAAACKKKK. . .I just ADORE this! Oh my goodness, that is TOO cute!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Just catching up on my google reading, Tosh, and this caught my eye -- I LOVE all of the Leigh Hannan IO stamps! And I just bought this one while I was in Chicago. Fun, fun, fun!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Okay. So I've already left you a message on this one! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs