Friday, February 15, 2019

Color Blocked Sunset Sway ~ Power Poppy

 
Happy, Happy Friday!!!  I am so excited to share this card with you today.  Most of the time...seriously, almost every time...I have an idea, start to implement it, and my card takes a number of different turns, not even close to where my idea started.  But today's card...went exactly as planned, and I'm so happy with the result.

I started by printing out Power Poppy's Sunset Sway image onto X-Press It blending cardstock.  I then diecut it to the size I wanted.  Then, using a clear ruler and pencil, I lightly added some blocking to the background.  After I had the design I wanted, I colored the background with Copic Markers, starting with the darkest of the colors by the lines, and lightening as I went out.  (Except for behind the flowers: the darkest areas are close to the petals and leaves.)  Then, using my Copic 0 (blending marker) I used the wedge side to make bricks. (I learned this from Jennifer Dove at Boot Camp...so many techniques to learn there.)  For the turquoise and orange background, I blotted Copic blending solution very lightly using a slightly doused natural sponge.

Now, for the Sunset Sway image. I printed it out two times so I could color the flowers separately, burnish them (Click HERE for the burnishing technique tutorial I posted to the Power Poppy blog), and pop up the petals on the main image.  But, before I added the flowers,  I stamped the sentiment, on the bottom, using the clear stamp set Pure Prairie Spirit, and splattered some black and white acrylic paint to the background.

Below I hope you can see the dimension to the flowers and butterfly.  I glued down the bases of each and added dimensional tape to the petals and butterfly wings.  Lastly, I added the Versamark stamped and embossed sentiment "dear friend" from the Always Here Power Poppy clear stamp set, after distressing the edges, as well as all the edges of the main panel.
 

Whew...I hope that all made sense.  For some more Power Poppy inspiration, check out the following Bloom Brigade blogs:

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Tosha Leyendekker
---you are here


Thanks a bunch for dropping by!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

  Happy Stamping!! 

___________________________________________________

Stamps Sunset Sway, Pure Prairie Spirit, Always Here (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Black (PTI), Red (AC)
Ink:  Versamark, Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  White Embossing Powder (SU!), Sepia Copic Multiliner, Chipboard Heart Stickers (Studio Calico), Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape, Stylus, White Gelly Roll 05 (Sakura) 

5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

This is such a gorgeous card Tosh! From the colouring blocking to frame the image, to the gorgeous colouring and dimension! A beauty!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful coloring, I love the coloring you did around the image too and great dimension!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

I can imagine that you where happy with the result, it is a awesome card Tosha. Great colours and I love the way you made different colour blocks in to the background.
Thank you so much for sharing.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh! This is an amazing card, and there are so many wonderful elements and techniques you've included. Yes, I can see you learned a lot from Jennifer's Boot Camp. I love your colors that do remind me of a sunset here in South Florida and love how you've added the "brick." The added burnished flowers really must make it extra special for a dimensional and beautiful overall look! It's outstandingly exquisite, and I love it!! Hugs and love! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Fantastic color block and the distressing always a favorite. These blooms look gorgeous.... Fabulous card Tosh, all the details are perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs