Friday, March 30, 2018

Planning For Magnolias ~ Power Poppy


Happy Friday my creative friends!!  I hope you all had a delightful week full of creativity.  Today, I have a card to share that I made using Power Poppy's Planning for Magnolias clear set.  I wanted an "open face" type floral image that I could play around with, adding shadows and folds.  It's not a technique I'm comfortable with, so I figured practicing is the best way to learn and grow.  I also planned on Minc'ing the image with white foil, but in full transparency, I was happy with my coloring, and was scared what the white detail would do to it.  So.......I chickened out, and left it like this.  It takes me hours upon hours to color, so I might just try one bloom, Minc it, and see how it looks.  Yep...I think that's going to be my next project.



I used a sentiment from the Power Poppy set Prairie Cheer because it's for my daughter, and it's a perfect fit for her.  I added some Glitter Gloss Aqua Shimmer (Nuvo) to the punched heart after coloring it with some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide (Ranger).  I also added it to the flower center, but it's hard to see in the photos.



That's it for today's project.  Be sure to check out the blogs from the following Bloom Brigaders:

Allison Cope
Katie Sims
Tosha Leyendekker
---you are here
Power Poppy Blog

Thanks so very much for dropping by!!  I hope you have a beautiful weekend!
Happy Stamping! 
________________________________________________________

StampsPlanning for Magnolias, Prairie Cheer (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Vintage Artistry (49 and Market), Bazzill
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark, Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide (Ranger)
CopicsMagnolias ~ W9, W7, W5, W3, W1, W00, T3, T1, B06, B04, B01 Leaves ~ YG63, YG61, E42 Branch ~ E89, E87, E84, E81
Dies:  Scored and Pierced Ovals (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Sewing Machine, White Embossing Powder (Ranger), Glitter Gloss Aqua Shimmer (Nuvo) 

3 comments:

Marjeta said...

Stunning coloring. Love the shades you create. Design is perfect.

CherylQuilts said...

What a gorgeous card, Tosh! I also love "open face" the floral images to work on my shadows and folds, and this magnolia branch is perfect (love how it's floating on the card)! Your coloring is exquisite, and the depth you've achieved is stunning! I really love the layout and how you've adding some stitching. I do see the blue in the center and the green on the leaves. And that blue heart is lovely for your daughter! She'll cherish this card! Hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo

Sathya said...

Fabulous coloring and shading!! And i love every detailing done here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs