Friday, September 23, 2016

Coloring outside the lines with Power Poppy's Coneflowers


Hello creative friends!!  Friday has rolled around again, and I have yet another Power Poppy card to share with you that I made using two digital images:  Easy Breezy Coneflowers, and Dancing with Daffodils.

http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2016/09/coloring-outside-lines-mini-challenge.html
Marcella is challenging us with a unique and super fun Power and Sparklette challenge this week.  We are to "Color Outside the Lines", and I must admit, I had to step out of my comfort zone for this one.  

I love the textured look of using Copics with a Blending Solution soaked material, but have not had success with it in the past.  So this time I was determined.  And to my delight I was happy with the results on my very first try.  Especially since it took me quite awhile to color the background.  

I started by printing out my image and diecutting it using Spellbinders' Labels 25 die.  I left the image in the die while coloring so I would have a nice clean border.  Well, my border didn't stay super clean, but the distressing I did, using a piece of burlap and Copic Blending Solution made it acceptable I think.  After using the Blending Solution, I used RV10 to color in some of the white spaces.

Below is what it looked like before coloring the Coneflowers.  I LOVE charcoal sketches, (and have a few in my collection) so I was really drawn to this look.  However, last week I created a card with white "Black Eyed Susans", so I thought I would be cheating if I did that again.  *grin*

I still like this look though...*wink*



That's it for me today.  I hope I've encouraged y'all to get creative, and step out of your box and color outside the lines.  The winner will receive every set in the Power Poppy 2016 Holiday Clear Stamp Collection when they debut in October.  Now that's an INCREDIBLE prize...let me tell you!!! 
 
Share with us your interpretation of Coloring Outside the Lines on the Power Poppy blog,
or, if you use Instagram, please share your coloring creations using the hashtag #powerandsparklette — and we will come find you!!

Now, if you haven't already, Check out the following Bloom Brigade Blogs!!  These gals have some inspiring creations to share with you!!


Copics: Background ~ T9, T7, T5, T3, T1 (Copic Blending Solution and Burlap) Flowers ~ RV34, RV32, RV21, RV10, YR27, YR24, Y08 Leaves ~ G46, G43, G40, YG95, YG01


Thanks for visiting!!
  Happy Stamping!!
_____________________________________________________________________________

StampsEasy Breezy Coneflowers and Dancing with Daffodils (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Vellum (PTI),  Grays (Bazzill)
Ink:  Printer, Pumice Stone (Ranger Distress) 
Dies:  Labels 25 and Majestic Labels 25 (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Copic Blending Solution, Rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty) 

6 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Girl, you have rocked my world once again! Your coloring is AMAZING!!!!!! Thanks for making my day! HUGS!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, I agree with Angie! This - is - gorgeous! I have often wanted to try something like this, but I always wimp out, but you've colored this so amazingly, and I love the soft colors of your flower! Great idea to use RV10 for the white spots after the blending solution. And what a beautiful card with this die! Stunning and more so! WOW! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful. Super cool with the flowers and I do like the shaped frame. The vellum tag is perfect for the soft touch.

Danni said...

That texture is awesome! What a pretty card and I agree with Stacy, the vellum tag is perfect!!

Lisa Lara said...

Totally WOW Tosha. I have to try this technique. Thank you so much for the before pic showing your process. WOW.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful coloring, cool background with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs