Friday, January 16, 2015

Power Poppy January Digital Release ~ La Vie en Rose





Howdy friends!!  It's been a long time!  Like many of you, things have been a bit busy around here.  But today, I'm excited to share a card I made using Power Poppy's new Digital image La Vie en Rose.  It's a stunning rose with exquisite detail, and it's laying on top of a sweet tag.  It comes with a couple of darling sentiments too.

Did you see the inspirational projects the Power Poppy Instant Gardners shared yesterday?  Oh, my goodness!!  Talk about a lineup of talent.  Boy can those gals color!!  Seriously!!

I colored a bit differently today; at least in a way I've never tried before.  I usually color my image, and then match it to paper.  This time, however, I picked my paper out first, and then tried to color my rose to match it.  No matter what combo I used in red, I couldn't get a deep enough brown tone to match the flower in the paper.  So, each time I colored a petal, I found that if I laid down a base using E57 and then added the reds, it made the whole flower a deeper color.  I was so excited with the results!!  :)

I printed the image twice onto X-Press It Card Stock, and once on two different pieces of Stationer's Desk (Prima) decorative paper.  I colored just one of the blooming roses on the X-Press it paper, and the entire image on the second.  Each was fussy cut, burnished on the back, and layered onto the ivory colored dp.  The "Washi" tape corners were another piece of dp from the Stationer's Desk (Prima) dp stack.  I then added the "Thanks Bunches" sentiment from the Power Poppy Lavender set.

For the background, I added some Cheesecloth, which I sprayed with Tarnished Brass and Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stains to age it a bit. I tore the paper in the corner and added a hinge, and I also added some Seam Binding ribbon.

Here's a close up of the rose so you can see the dimension.  It's popped up with dimensional tape.


That about sums up my project for today.  You really ought to check out the blogs of the following Bloom Brigaders if you haven't already.  Those gals are just plum full of inspiration, I tell ya!!
Copics:  E35, R59, R46, R27, R14, R02, G99, G94, G24, YG01, E31, E57, 0

Thank you so much for dropping by.  I hope you have a lovely weekend!!

  Happy Stamping!
________________________________________________________________

StampsLa Vie en Rose and Lavender (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Stationer's Desk (Prima), X-Press It Blending, Black (PTI), Red (AC)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine), Vintage Photo, Black Soot (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  A2 Fancy Ribbon Threader (Spellbinders), Copics, Cheesecloth, Seam Binding Ribbon, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh and A Gilded Life), Metal Brad, Metal Dots, Pearl (Reflections), Bronze Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Tarnished Brass and Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stain (Ranger), Distrezz-it-All (Zutter)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Tosh,
You did an awesome job on the rose. Thanks for sharing your new technique with the Copics, and sharing the colors you used. I haven't mastered the basics with Copics yet, but you have given me an opportunity to try something new.
Thanks again,
Julie

Stacy Morgan said...

Victorian gorgeousness Tosh! Wow!!! I adore all the details with the hinge and brads. Just gorgeous and warm. Heart all this girl!

Allison Cope said...

Holy canoly scrapwoman!!! That's one stunner of a card creation you made there! Love the vintage feel - your distressing is so beautiful! I am in awe..... <3 <3

Marisa said...

Beautifully done, Tosh!

ChristineCreations said...

Woweee girl...this is so rich! I love how you deepened the colour of the rose. Such a beautiful vintage feeling design!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how I love this in the earthy colors! Wow! I'll remember your discovery about the Copic color. I don't have E57, but I could probably find something that worked. What a splendiferous card, Tosh!

Kathy Jones said...

HOLY SMOKES!! Tosha, you've outdone yourself this week - this is just incredible!!! My jaw is on the floor! So rich and full of vintage perfection and loooooove all the detail and texture! AMAZING!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh! Did you hear my sigh? This is absolutely gorgeous, and I LOVE the richness of your coloring and the great tip about E57 and red! Wow! And your layout with the wonderful elements and distressing are totally gorgeous and a work of art (and heart)! I am in LOVE with this card! And I especially love how you've burnished the rose to "pop" it to give it more dimension. Stunning card!! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Tosh, this is absolutely jaw dropping! You have included so many amazing details...LOVE this!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,love your colors!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely, what a terrific vintage feel this has, Love it!

Ravengirl said...

The color on your rose is beautiful! Thanks for sharing how you did that!

Pet73 said...

This is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs