Friday, October 9, 2009

Autumn Wishes

I have a very bold and busy fall card to share with you today. A funny thing happened right after I finished this card too. I was talking to my dear friend Laurie (Just Give Me Stamps), and she paused during the conversation after mentioning she had to emboss some leaves she stamped from the new Verve set Happiness Found. Here's a paraphrase of how the conversation went:

Tosh: "Don't tell me you're embossing them with clear."
Laurie: "Why yes, that's exactly what I'm doing" (And she proceeded to tell me the paper she was embossing on.)
Tosh: "No way!! That's exactly what I did this morning!!
Laurie: "I can change mine if you'd like." (She's a sweet one that Laurie)
Tosh: "Nah, don't change it, it's just odd that we both embossed the same image in clear on the same day."

I won't bore you with the rest of the conversation, but in the end, we decided to post our cards on the same day. So check out Laurie's blog (Just Give Me Stamps) to see her fabulous creation, cause, man can that girl stamp!!!

For this card, I used the Viva la Verve sketch for October's Week 1. The twist was to make it shabby. I distressed my card with Vintage Photo, and one of my favorite *go to* tools...my fingernail. *grin*

The wreath from the Harvest Blessings set (Verve), was stamped with Rich Cocoa (Memento), and colored with copics. The sentiment was Rock 'n Rolled with Cranberry and Espresso (Adirondack Dye Ink).

That about sums it up.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I sure am!
Happy Stamping my friends!!




Stamps: Harvest Blessings, Happiness Found
Paper: Indian Summer (Basicgrey), Suede Brown Dark (Prismatics), Neenah Natural White
Ink: Rich cocoa (Memento), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink), Cranberry and Espresso (Adirondack Dye Ink)
Accessories: Circle, Blossom 1 and Labels 5 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Ribbon (SU! and Martha Stewart), Button (SU!), Clear Embossing Powder (Judikins), Multicolored Mini Rhinestones (Zva Creative), Dimensional Tape (Scotch), Corner Rounder Punch

23 comments:

StampOwl said...

another beauty Tosh!

Angella D. Crockett said...

LOVE your story!!! Don't ya just love when that kinda stuff happens?! Gorgeous card, by the way!!!

nise said...

Like all those layers! LOVE the clear embossing on the patterned paper. Cute story.

Norine said...

love the rich colors and those layers just great
Hugs
Norine

Charlene D said...

I just love the way you put your patterns and colors together. You have your own style...something I am trying to achieve.

Silke Ledlow said...

OH my goodness - this is GORGEOUS!!! Perfect take on the Sketch!!! I love these colors and the embossing!!! Hugs ~S~

SAMARA said...

lova lova lova!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh i love your vintage cards, the colors are so pretty, awesome job GF!!

Gabriela said...

Tosh - I adore the irony of it all - but then again great minds really do think alike! Love your card, girl.

LorettaL said...

Oh, Tosh! This is stunning! It's busy, but in all the best ways. You are a master of the craft.

Kathy Camasso said...

Laurie was right, your card is amazing!!! Love it!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

DANG, girl!!! You got magic stamping fingers, that's what! Wooowwwie! This is one gorgeous masterpiece! The way you mixed the colors and patterns is just stunning!!

Ida said...

Awesome card and even more awesome about how you and Laurie ended up stamping the same image the same way. Both your cards are fantastic.

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors, patterns, and embossing, Tosh!!! Lovely fall card. I need to get this set.

Joanne (jojot) said...

another outstanding warm rich, earthy card......and what a very cool layout

Grace said...

Oh I love your vintage fall beauty Tosh! I love when things like that happen.... it's a stampers heart connection or something! Thanks for sharing the story! Love the layout on this card!!!

Donna Baker said...

great minds think alike - I LOVE the look of both your cards!

Kristen H said...

Your cards are simply amazing. I am wowed by each and every creation on your blog... every time I come her and peek around. This card is so beautiful. I love the papers, you have some wonderful dies as well.

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card, as is Laurie's. Great minds to think alike. TFS
JoAnn

America said...

Gorgeous combination of colors and elements.

ChristineCreations said...

Love your great minds think alike story Tosh. You and Laurie were separated at birth I think. This is just a beauty! Completely rich feeling.

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, so warm and lovely!

Brandi said...

Love this one too! You do some amazing work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs