Friday, August 28, 2009

Happiness for Hosteses Verve Project Parade

Happy Friday!! I'm excited to share with you the idea I had for this month's project parade over at Verve. Since the theme is Happiness for Hostesses, we were to come up with a gift idea for a hostess. (You can click on any of the photos for a closer look)

Well, I have a dear friend who I'm visiting next week, and she's a coffeeaholic!!! Seriously. I won't say a name, but she lives in Montana and is quite the Verve Diva!! *grin*...guess she's seeing some of her gift early.
Anyway, I bought these fabulous Tin Buckets
quite awhile ago from a company called Wild Wings. They had little panels in the front already designed on them, so they were taylor-made for someone who likes to alter things!! Woot!! I used the Verve sets Delightful & Delicious, and Bountiful Backgrounds. I just stamped the images directly onto Happy Holidays dp (FancyPants) with Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink). For the panels on the cans, I gave a bit more "texture" to the bg by stamping off the dots from the Bountiful Backgrounds set. Each panel is ink distressed with the Walnut Stain too.

For the card, I used Viva la Verve's Week 2 Sketch with the twist requiring us to use border punches. I used a EK Success scalloped border punch for the strip next to my cup, and added the "Fabulous" sentiment from the Bountiful Backgrounds set. I added some Candy Dots and ribbon for the final touch.

Now of course, the gift isn't just the cans. I had to fill them. Since Laurie (oops...did I say a name?) and I live 1000 miles apart, we can't get together for coffee as often as we'd like, so we're looking forward to just sitting in the kitchen with a good cup of java. The kitchen is the most used room in my house, so I thought some coffee themed kitchen hand towels, would fit fabulously rolled up in the larger can. For the smaller can, I added some YUMMY New Cappuccino Flavored Lindt Truffles. Not only are they delicious, but their packaging is so stylish.

The flowers on top were made with the Blossom Nestabilities die, buttons and Lace Ribbon.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing this project. We can't wait to see what you come up with! To play along, just make a project or card that shows us your take on the Happiness for Hostesses theme. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we love to see 'em! Then just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form in DAY ONE's POST before 8PM Mountain September 12. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post! Have fun and good luck!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a fabulous weekend!!




Stamps: Delightful & Delicious, and Bountiful Backgrounds
Paper: Happy Holidays (Fancypants), Suede Brown Dark (Prismatics), Neenah Natural White
Ink: Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories: Blossom Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Buttons (PTI), Burlap String, Chocolate Satin and Brown Crocheted Ribbon (May Arts), Candy Dots (Pebbles, Inc.), EK Success Border Punch, Multicolored Mini Rhinestone (Zva Creative), Tin Cans (Wild Wings), Kitchen Towels and Lindt Truffles (Wal-Mart)

25 comments:

StampOwl said...

wow!!!!!!!!!! stunning Tosh

nise said...

What a gift for Laurie! Hope you have a grand time and visit over coffee in her kitchen!!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - this is FABULOUS - Tosh!!! What a great gift!!! I know your Diva friend is gonna love it and if not send it my way - *wink*!!!
Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous, Tosh!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! A total stunner, Tosh! I'm positively green with envy first that this isn't coming to my house (I SO did NOT need to know that Lindt now has cappucino truffles!!!), and second that you're going to Laurie's! Are you sure you don't want to make a *small* detour to pick me up first??? ;)

Betty Wright said...

GET OUT!!! I am SPEECHLESS!!! Awesome project and fabulous details, girl!!! My jaw is still dangling!!! Fabulous work...as always, Tosh!!! Blessings!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Hi! My name is Laurie, and I live in Montana, but I think you have the wrong address, so please be sure to pm me as I do not want to miss out on receiving this SUPERBLYAMAJESTICALLY FANTABULOUSLY GORGEOUS gift set and card! Wowie, my friend! Outta sight gorgeous! Ok, seriously, my real name is Charlene and I'm a blog addict and I hope to one day meet you in person. I know you'll have a fabulous time, Tosh!

Lori Craig said...

I'm just going to say a big ole SHUT UP. So, absolutely beautiful!

Lori Craig said...

P.S. Hug Laurie for me!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Tosh. Stunning.

Joy said...

Totally awesome! xx

Gabriela said...

Oh my word, Tosh, these are sensational! I adore the green tins and the smoky burnishing. What gorgeous photos too!

Anonymous said...

What!!!?! I still can't pick my jaw up off the floor girl!! You are absolutely amazing!! I just don't even have the words...
--Hugs Becca

Joanne (jojot) said...

rich, warm and FABULOUS....what a lucky friend (to get this gift AND to visit with YOU)

Angella D. Crockett said...

Girl, you are da-BOMB!!!! This set is amazing!!! Your "friend" needs a trophy room for all of the beautiful things you have made for her!!! :)

Vicky Gould said...

Oh, Tosh, this is amazing!!! Beautiful!!!

Gloria C. said...

This is just beautiful. I just can't get over the combination of colors you always use. Everything always turns out just perfect. Just Give me Stamps (so she won't know who it is) is just going to love this.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Laurie is going to Love this, Love everything! Hope you guys have a great visit together!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhh, these tins are AWESOME! You're right, with those panels, they're just SCREAMING to be altered. You did a beautiful job with them. She'll love them! Gorgeous towels too!

Renee G said...

Tosh

I live in Kansas...and i have room on my friends list for you!!!! Heck i could move you right up to the top! And did i mention that I love cappicino? Those tins are awesome and i have the towel set in my kitchen, and the green color would go fabulous in my kithen.. let me know! ha ha ha

Joan Ervin said...

Ignore all the above...Laurie moved to Texas and I will be glad to send you the address!!!!! This is soooo AWESOME, Tosh...lots of work went into this gorgeous set!!! You are sooo talented, missy!!!!

dpkennedy said...

This is just amazing! I just got a wild wings catalog yesterday (never heard of them before that)...they have some cool stuff! This is just so thoughtful and beautiful! Every time she looks at it she will think of you, awww...you are such a great friend!

Chriss Blagrave said...

AMAZING! Such a beautiful gift set that you created. Images, colours, textures...WOW!

Carolyn King said...

what a gorgeous set Tosh! just amazing....Laurie is gonna love it..have a safe trip!

Rose Ann said...

It sure is a jaw dropper, Tosh!! Sooo gorgeous, and I'm sure Laurie will love it!! Goodness, even non-coffee drinkers would...lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs