Monday, May 12, 2008

A Toy Card...


Is it Monday already? Wow!! I swear, the older I get the faster time flies. Well, since it's Monday, that means it's time for me to upload a challenge card that I do with a few nutty, but fun SCS friends. Every second Monday of the month, we challenge each other to make a card for a SCS stamper with an unusual name. This month Toy (Holly) was chosen.

To see the cards the other CCEEers made for Toy, click HERE.

Now, this card was scary for me to make, because Holly is a stamper that I've admired since first logging on to SCS...soooooo talk about intimidating!! Of course the requirement was to use toys. I used this book labeling stamp that I've had since I first started stamping about 12 years ago, and colored it with copics. I hand wrote Toy's name.

The paper is Tres Jolie Bonjour by My Mind's Eye. I am so, so in love with this stuff. I got it from my LSS that I just recently discovered and will be buying more for sure. The colors are dreamy, and the texture is divine!!

I ink distressed the edges (no surprise there, eh?) with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink by Ranger. The buckle is from JoAnn's, the divine satin ribbon is May Arts that I got from Michelle at Stamper's Dream.

I made the scallops with my slit punch from Stampin' Up. Thanks sooooo much for stopping by. I appreciate the visitors and hope I've inspired you to get inky!!

Supplies:
Stamps - G5581-F Sonlight Impressions
Papre - Tres Jolie Bonjour (My Mind's Eye), Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery (SU), White (Papertrey)
Ink - Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink)
Other - Copics, brads, slit punch (SU), nestabilities, sponge, dimensional tape

1 comment:

dpkennedy said...

This card is beautiful! I love how soft it looks! I love the dp too...great colors you used!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs