Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Butterfly Ears

Sorry I've been gone so long. I was working hard on my DD projects for SCS. It was a tough theme for me this month, so nothing else got accomplished. I'm finally back in the stamping saddle and hope to post some more real soon. If you haven't checked out the Fan Club gallery on Splitcoaststampers, you really should. There are some amazing ideas that showcase photos. I'm not a scrapbooker, so working with the photos was a challenge for me, but others did some really fabulous stuff.

I realize that this is an odd title for a post. It belongs to Nicole aka (Butterflyears) on SCS. Every Monday (yes I know it's Wednesday) my CCEE friends and I on SCS make a card in honor of a stamper with an unusual name and mail the card to that person. This week it was butterflyears. And since Cindy (mothermark) found out she chose her name based on her dogs ears that look like butterflies, we were to make a card with two butterflies (two ears) and 4 paws (dog).

I just recently got this Inque Boutique stamp set called Dog Lover. It is an absolute precious set. I figured this puppy wanted to play with butterflies, and since we all like to play with our stamps and participate in challenges, this scene was a perfect idea. To see the other butterfly ear creations, click HERE.

I colored the puppy and scene with copics. The tree and grass are hand drawn.

Supplies:
Stamps - Inque Boutique - Dog Lover, SU butterflies (1999 set..not sure which one), Tree leaves - Dee Gruenig Posh limited scene stamps
Paper - SU - Mello Moss, Always Artichoke, Black, Papertrey White
Ink - Ranger Black Soot and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
Accessories - Nestabilities, decorative scissors, I kan'dee, American Crafts ribbon (from my dear friend Laurie), scotch dimensional tape

1 comment:

wendyp said...

Its adorable! Love that the puppy is chasing the butterflies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs