Friday, December 28, 2018

Snuggle Down Valentine ~ Power Poppy




I hope you haven't stored away all your Power Poppy Christmas stamp sets yet.  Because some of them still have some months of use left in them.  

I hauled out the Snuggle Down set along with Grandma's Snowflakes to make this sweet Valentine's day card.  I used the plaids from the Snuggle Down set, and the sentiment (from Grandma's Snowflakes) is just shortened by isolating the top part of the sentiment.  I just taped off the "at Christmas" part with repositionable tape, inked it up with Smokey Gray Versafine ink, removed the tape and stamped.  I sponged on some Distress Oxide inks for the the backgrounds and inked up the stitched plaid stamp with Worn Lipstick (Ranger Distress Oxide). I love how the Oxide inks respond to water platters.  

The rest of the plaid was stamped with Whisper White pigment ink by Stampin' Up.    The rose was made using a Bitty Blossoms Spellbinders die, and the leaves are from a Martha Stewart punch.  If you look close, you can see that I added stitching to the square background with one of the Snuggle Down Plaid stamps too.  It's very subtle.



That about sums up my project for today.  I hope you are enjoying the tail end of 2018, and that 2019 is filled with wonderful memory making moments!!

  Happy Stamping!
______________________________________________________

StampsSnuggle Down, Grandma's Snowflakes (Power Poppy)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Ink:  Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick (Ranger Distress Oxide), Whisper White (SU!)
Dies:  Heart and Scalloped Heart, Bitty Blossoms (Spellbinders), Stitched Fishtail Flag (Die-Namics MFT)
Accessories:  Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Leaf Punch (Martha Stewart)
 

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Tosh, what a beautiful card! I do love the plaid heart you've created with the ink and love how Oxides react to water. Lovely touch. And what a beautiful paper flower...I love that along with the perfect tag...the flower really adds so much to finish off the card. It's stunning and will be loved! Yes, so many of our stamps can be used by masking off (or taping off) parts of a sentiment. That's what I did on my last card. Warm and sunny hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs