Friday, April 13, 2018

Because of You "Vitamin Me" ~ Power Poppy


Hello my creative friends!!!  Have you had a chance to check out this month's Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge?  Marcy and Julie are challenging us to share what "feeds our souls".  How do we recharge?  

Well, there are a number of things that uplift me, but first and foremost is my relationship with my personal Savior.  Without Him, I would be empty.  And thankfully, he has blessed me with so many other things that delight me.  These are three of my current daily reads:  The Quiet Place by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (A gift from a dear friend), Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (A gift to myself), and Thirty-One Prayers for My Husband by Jennifer Smith (Prayers I add each day for my one and only).



#2 ~ of course...I love cardmaking!!   I started about 23 years ago and have never stopped.  Right now, my "go to" medium is Copics, but today I watercolored using Tombow Markers.  It's not my forte, but I wanted to try my hand at watercoloring the large sunflower from the Power Poppy set In Praise of Sunflowers.  I have a dear friend who is celebrating her birthday in a few weeks, and we have a mutual love for sunflowers.


#3 ~ I am a nature freak!!  I absolutely adore anything God made.  Seriously...any flower, animal, mountain, ocean, etc.  I even find snakes and spiders fascinating. (not that I'd want to find either in my house mind you.)  Here, in the Central Valley of California, we have a short window of time when the foothills of the Sierra Nevada are green and vibrant with Wildflowers.  Once it starts getting hot, the grass turns brown, and the flowers die out.  

So last week, I took a sweet little drive (on Yokhol Dr.) with a friend who has the same love of nature that I do.  Below are just a few of the sites we were blessed to see.  I have a lot more wildflower individual shots too, but I'll just leave you with these photos.  The last one just delights me.  How I would love to be able to just lay around in wildflowers all day (and not worry about getting bit by a rattlesnake...those guys LOVE the foothills).



 
 




#4 ~ which I probably should list as #1... spending time with my family!!  We often get together to play games, and we love to camp. (And this summer we are increasing by 1.  We're going to be Grandparents...Woo-Hoo!!)
 
 
I also love to read and spend time with my dog and horses, but that's it for me today.  For some more inspiration, you'll want to stop by the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:
 

Now, don't forget...you have a grand opportunity to win a $50 Gift Card to Power Poppy.  All you have to do is comment on this Power Poppy post telling us how you get your "Vitamin Me".

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you find some time to feed your soul this weekend!!

  Happy Stamping!!













4 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

I love your encouraging words!
Your card is beautiful.
I get recharged in my prayer time, listening to Contemporary Christian music, sitting on my porch, walking on a beach.
Thanks for sharing!

Conniecrafter said...

Tosh you did a fabulous job of coloring this for it not being your forte. We have the same loves and likes. So thankful to God for my family and friends, the beautiful outdoors to explore and this country has so many different things to explore that's for sure. How wonderful to have those fields of wildflowers!

ChristineCreations said...

Tosh, I love your heart for the Lord, for your family, and for creation (love the wildflower shots! So excited to hear you will be welcoming a grandbaby!

Beautiful work with the sunflower too - you always bring lots of life to this bloom!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, precious Tosh, I love your heart for the Lord Jesus! That's the most important person and thing ever and ever! Praise God! I love Him as well and am so grateful for His love and mercy. I'm with you about card making and also consider Copic markers as my go-to medium. Your watercolor sunflower is gorgeous, and she is going to LOVE it...I know she will! And a big congratulations on becoming a grandma! How excited you all must be. What a beautiful family, and I know they are blessed by you and to have you as you are to have them. I also love nature and loved seeing your beautiful photographs! Thanks for sharing your heart and your art! You are so precious to me! Hugs and love! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs