Friday, March 23, 2018

Under Glass ~ Power Poppy


Hello everyone!!  Is everyone enjoying Spring?  If your weather is anything like ours, it's completely out of whack!!  I'm loving it though.  I love change.  But, then again, I don't have to deal with snow like some of you!!  We're just getting a ton of water, which we are in desperate need of, so no complaining here.

Since it is officially Spring though, I thought I'd make a Springy card using Power Poppy's charming Set Under Glass.  I LOVE butterflies and moths, so naturally I gravitated toward this image.  I also haven't made anything "vintage" in quite sometime, so I used muted tones and papers, and distressed the edges up a bit.  

The image is popped up under acetate, which is also popped up to give it all an authentic "behind the glass" feeling.  You can see the depth better with the two images below.


 
I stamped the moth 4 times, cut it out and popped it up under the glass, and on the banner.  Everything was colored with Copics, and the edges were ink distressed with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink (Ranger).



That about sums it all up for me today.  For some more inspiration, be sure to stop by the following Bloom Brigader's blogs:

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Tosha Leyendekker---you are here

Power Poppy 

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I know I'm going to.  Thank you so very much for dropping by!!

Happy Stamping!

_________________________________________________

StampsUnder Glass (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Acetate (PTI), Vintage Artistry (49 and Market), X-Press It, Gray (Bazzill)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Jet Black Archival (Ranger), Hickory Smoke (Ranger Distress)
Copics:  Butterflies ~ BG45, BG34, BG32, BG10, B05, Y02 Book and Buttons ~ V99, V95, V93, V91 Book ~ W5, W3, W1, W00 Leaves ~ YG99, YG97, YG95, YG91 Button Panel ~ BV04, BV13 BV02
Dies:  Venice Lace, Scored, Ribbon Banners and Pierced Ovals  (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Sequins, Glossy Accents (Buttons), Glitter Gloss (Nuvo), White Gel Pen (Signo)

3 comments:

Camille Short said...

Love how you've made this card, your coloring is superb, and the layout is such fun :)

Allison Cope said...

This is magnificent Tosh! I love the 3D effects of all your amazing elements. Gorgeous girl! Warm hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, this is gorgeous with the amazing three-dimension and such beautiful coloring! I love the muted colors and how much it looks just like it's under glass. Stunning card, sweet friend! Well, it's usually all or nothing, but I do know you need rain (as we do at this point too). But it's spring now, and we'll see lots more flowers! Hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs